Community

MSI configurator, admin rights and "Add using code" feature

Links used in this discussion
gsk, User (Posts: 4)
Mar 26, 2021 6:53:21 am EDT
Hi,

Maybe there is a very simple solution, but as a novice I am having trouble with MSI packages. First, it is necessary to run RU as an admin to create MSI package. That is ok, because it is not often MSI package is created. Unfortunately, in order to add remote PC to a viewer using "Add using code" feature, you must run RU as an admin too, but the address book is not shared by regular user and admin user. Which is a bit annoying, because I do not use admin account daily.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 26, 2021 9:17:32 am EDT
Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, in order to add remote PC to a viewer using "Add using code" feature, you must run RU as an admin too, but the address book is not shared by regular user and admin user. Which is a bit annoying, because I do not use admin account daily.

Not at all. This feature has nothing to do with admin privileges. You simply open the Viewer, click Connection -> Add using code and paste your code in the window.

Or did you mean anything else?
Mar 26, 2021 9:34:39 am EDT
I am getting error while trying "Add using code" with a regular user.
Attached Files
MSI configurator, admin rights and "Add using code" feature
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 26, 2021 9:51:32 am EDT
Hi,

This error has nothing to do with admin privileges (or lack thereof). Please , refer to this knowledge base article for solution https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/the-code-you-entered-is-incorrect-error/#
Mar 27, 2021 6:00:11 am EDT
Thanks. Problem solved.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)