Community

New v. 7.0.0.1 / Copy + Paste / Screen Resolution

Links used in this discussion
Andreas Lehmann, User (Posts: 20)
Mar 12, 2021 4:32:35 am EST
Unfortunately, copying and pasting files still doesn't work.

When is it finally planned to integrate such an important function?
When will it be possible to set the screen resolution independently of the host?

Thx

Andreas
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 12, 2021 8:12:48 am EST
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the rich content (i.e. files, images, etc.) synchronization of clipboard is still yet to be implemented.  Although, we already have in our wish-list, we cannot provide a specific ETA on this yet.
As a temporary workaround please consider using the Drag and Drop feature or the File Transfer connection mode that has been re-written and significantly improved starting version 7 of Remote Utilities. For more information on the upd ated File Transfer mode please refer to this blog post.

When will it be possible to set the screen resolution independently of the host?

Unfortunately, Remote Utilities has nothing to do with resolution support, as this is the ability of your monitor and graphics card and Remote Utilities only streams the captured image from the remote Host's screen. We do plan to implement a feature that will allow changing the remote screen resolution from within the Viewer in our future updates (similarly to the Remote Settings feature), but please note that this will still affect both - remote Host's screen and how it's displayed for you on the Viewer's side, i.e. it still won't be possible to set two different independent screen resolutions for one remote Host monitor.
Please note, that in the Viewer interface you can se t only scaling, i.e. stretch or shrink the remote screen's image to fit your Viewer monitor (scaling can be specified on the Toolbar in the Full Control mode or in the Connection Properties -> Mode tab). Starting version 7 of Remote Utilities we've also added full support of the high DPI resolutions, so if you use any 2K/4K monitors there should be no issues with the scaling anymore.

Hope that helps.
Basil Cinnamon, User (Posts: 8)
Mar 26, 2021 9:11:36 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
One of RU's main competitors has the ability to set a "screen resolution", which works something like a more fine-grained version of RU's F12 option. I have no idea how they implement it, but it makes a big difference in usability.  In my case RU's F12 switches between being too big to navigate usefully but easier to read, and too small to read.

In the "too big" mode, it would really be useful if RU had the option to easily switch between Advance Mouse Scroll and no AMS by a key like Ctrl while mousing.  I.e., Ctrl-mouse move would be AMS, and regular mouse move would be no-AMS.  That would provide both features allowing quicker navigation in the "too big" mode.
Mar 26, 2021 6:31:45 pm EDT
Hello Basil,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know what exactly view modes do you use? In addition, in case if you use Remote Utilities of version 6.10.10.0 or an older version, please try updating to the latest 7.0.0.3 version and see if this helps to resolve the issue with your remote screen scaling - starting version 7 we've added support for high DPI resolutions.

The latest version 7.0.0.3 is available for download on this page. You can also update your Remote Utilities installation via the Self-Update feature. When updating please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version as the version mismatch might lead to performance issues or some features not working.

Hope that helps.
Basil Cinnamon, User (Posts: 8)
Apr 03, 2021 10:46:31 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi

I updated to 7003 but it behaves the same.  Two of the F12 modes make everything too small to read, but easier to navigate,and the other two make it large enough to read but awkward to navigate.  Additionally, the "hot zone" for the mouse to scroll is an invisible rectangle in the middle of the screen.  One has to fully scroll in any one direction inside the hot zone before the cursor is allowed out of the hot zone to access other screen areas.  That in particular is very annoying as it makes it awkward to go between different windows that span an area larger than the hot zone.
Apr 05, 2021 3:20:02 pm EDT
Hello Basil,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll forward your feature suggestion along with the feedback to our developers for a review to see if it's possible to add it in our future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)