New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Automatic deployment of version 7 key to viewers possible?

Links used in this discussion
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Mar 27, 2021 8:34:21 am EDT
Hello,

we have an installation based on 6.10, utilizing a RU relay and 6.10 portable viewer.

We have updated the relay to the newest version 3. It seems it provides a way to provide the license key to viewers connecting to it. Is that correct? I did enable this option.

On my portable 6.10 viewer which had a site license key I updated to the newest 7.0.0.3. Upon start I was notified that the license has expired. I did sign-in to the RU relay hoping that it would download the license key to my viewer. It didn't.

Did I misunderstand what the deploy key option in RU relay does? Any info will be appreciated.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 28, 2021 12:51:45 pm EDT
Hi Cosmos,

We have just tested this scenario (with portable Viewer) , everything seems to work well. See the attached screenshots.

May I ask if you exactly followed the procedure provided in portable viewer update guide ?

Also, make sure that you explicitly allow the signed in user to use the key. In order to do that:

1. In the License deployment window select your key and click Edit.
2.  In the Edit dialog click Applies to..
3. Select the user from the user list and make sure "All access / Allow" is enabled.

I assume that you might have missed that step. Currently, we are updating our documentation so more detailed instructions for this specific feature are comaing. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Attached Files
Automatic deployment of version 7 key to viewers possible? Automatic deployment of version 7 key to viewers possible?
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Mar 29, 2021 2:28:58 am EDT
Hello Conrad,

yes I did follow your instructions regarding the viewer.

The actual issue was that I did not assign the group allowed to receive the license key. After doing so, as per your instructions, I was offered to receive the key upon connection.

Case solved, thank you for your help!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 29, 2021 10:42:38 am EDT
Hello,

We're glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions or need our further assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)