Community

RU Viewer unable to connect to Agent after upgrade

Links used in this discussion
jose.o, User (Posts: 5)
Mar 30, 2021 4:16:30 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Recently I had upgraded the viewer and Agent to 7.0.0.3, RU Server to 3.0.0.1. I have been trying to get it to work since I tried 7.0.0.1 but no luck. Previously was on version 6 and everything was working fine.
Viewer and Agents are on Windows 10, while RU Server is hosted on Windows Server 2012.
No change to firewall ports as per last time.
Agent shows "Ready for connection", RU server shows the agent's PC under the "Idle" tab, Viewer shows the agent is online. But when I tried connecting to agent, it shows offline immediately and not able to connect. After the 5 connection attempts failed, PC will change the status to online again.
Case is almost identical to this case here.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Mar 30, 2021 5:50:18 pm EDT
Hello Jose,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let me know if you use a vanilla Agent downloaded from our website or is it a custom Agent package? In addition, could you please provide us the log files from your Agent? The Agent logs can be located in the following folder: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Remote Utilities Agent\Logs\.
You can send us the log files to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 30, 2021 9:01:25 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

I have submitted the agent log to the support email provided. A bit more details of the sequence of events:
Viewer 7.0.0.3 connecting to vanilla agent 7.0.0.3 downloaded from website via public RU server: No connection
Same viewer connecting to vanilla agent via direct IP connection: OK
Same viewer connecting to vanilla agent 7.0.0.3 via own hosted RU server: No connection
Same viewer connecting to customised agent 7.0.0.1 via own hosted RU server: No connection

Hope to hear back soon.
Edited:jose.o - Mar 30, 2021 9:12:09 pm EDT
Mar 31, 2021 5:25:34 pm EDT
Hello Jose,

Thank you for the provided log files.

I've examined the log file but haven't noticed anything that could point to what's causing the issue. Could you please additionally provide us Viewer connection log file and Server connection log? You can send the logs to the same email address support@remoteutilities.com and I'll forward all three log files to our development department for a review.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 31, 2021 8:54:42 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

I've submitted the viewer and server logs as requested. Let me know if you require any further details from me.

Thanks.
Apr 01, 2021 5:13:29 pm EDT
Hello Joseph,

We've received you emails, thank you for the provided log files.

I've examined the files but couldn't find anything that could be pointing to what's causing the issue, so I will forward the issue to our developers and ask for their input on this.

I'll get back to you with an update from them shortly.
May 07, 2021 12:27:26 am EDT
Dear Polina,

Has there been any update on this development? I hope to resolve this so I can proceed to purchase the license for full time usage instead of trial. But with the existing bug, I may have to look elsewhere for my company.

Regards
May 07, 2021 10:56:06 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

We've released an updated version 7.0.1.0 of Remote Utilities recently. However, I've just tried connecting my Agent to your self-hosted RU Server and your server seems to be offline or not reachable at the moment - the same Agent connects to our public servers with no issues.
Here's what can be done next:
1. Update your Viewer and RU Server to the latest version 7.0.1.0 (and version 3.0.1.0 for the RU Server respectively). The latest version is available for download here. You can also update your installation via the Self-Update feature.
2. Download the latest version of vanilla Agent or configure a new custom Agent package of the latest version.
3. Make sure that your RU Server is online and is accessible from the outside. In addition, please try checking the solutions provided in  this troubleshooting page.
4. Last but not least, please double check if you're able to connect to your Agent using our public servers instead of the self-hosted Server.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)