Community

Is version 7 supporting

Links used in this discussion
john Randal, User (Posts: 120)
Apr 02, 2021 4:01:32 pm EDT
Is version 7 supporting 2 separate monitors?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 02, 2021 5:26:08 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean multi-monitor configuration on the remote Host side? Am I right in assuming that you want to match remote monitors to your local monitors as you've mentioned in this thread? If this is the case, then unfortunately, the feature that would allow automatically map remote screens to local monitors is yet to be implemented.

However, it's possible to do so manually:
1. In your Viewer create 2 different connections to the same remote Host, i.e. using the same IP address or Internet-ID code, but name them differently, e.g. Monitor 1, Monitor 2, etc.
2. Disable the Tabbed view mode: in the main Viewer window navigate to the Tools tab, select Options -> Remote screen tab and disable the Tabbed view checkbox.
3. Open both connections to the remote Host you've created on Step 1.
4. Select different monitors for each connection - this can be done by clicking the Remote monitors icon on the Toolbar in the Full Control and View window.
5. This will allow you placing the connection windows on your local monitors as desired.
If you mean something else, please elaborate a bit more on the issue.

Hope that helps.
Apr 02, 2021 5:36:17 pm EDT
Is this like overkill ?  
the double resources being used seems horrific for this.

I do thank you for the reply it is a solution I didn't know but think its very hard to roll out to other users.

I think this is the HUGE reason many people haven't flipped their accounts over to this platform.
I know just messing with remote utilities for years and find it to have so many great features but this is one of those deal breakers for 2021.  were using other systems which I wont mention just because of the duel monitor feature even though we hate the platform.
Really wish you guys would add this feature already.
Edited:john Randal - Apr 02, 2021 6:12:51 pm EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 05, 2021 1:16:07 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for the feedback.

Is this like overkill ? I do thank you for the reply it is a solution I didn't know but think its very hard to roll out to other users.

Yes, unfortunately, this solution might be a little time/effort consuming and not very convenient for some users. We already have the feature that will allow mapping remote and local monitors in a convenient way in our wishlist as well as we plan to revamp the mechanism behind the multi-monitor configuration. I'll check on this with our development department to see if, perhaps, we can provide an ETA on this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Apr 05, 2021 2:04:54 pm EDT
That would be very helpful, then I know we can consider a full change of the service for our users other than using our cumbersome ssl vpn firewall service which is very slow and costly at times.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)