Community

UNABLE to see anyone online

Links used in this discussion
Feisal Ali, User (Posts: 10)
Apr 14, 2021 9:44:00 am EDT
Hi,

as of today it's showing that all my connections are offline and cannot see anyone online, i've verified that the machines are on and working but cannot see a single person online.

This is very urgent please advise
Attached Files
UNABLE to see anyone online
Apr 14, 2021 10:30:34 am EDT
This is how it looks on the host computer
UNABLE to see anyone online - 14 Apr 2021 10:30:13
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 14, 2021 10:48:26 am EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for your message.

I've just checked if I'm able to connect to a remote Host via Internet-ID connection using our public server and can confirm that it works as expected, i.e. our public server is reachable. I've additionally checked with our developers if there were any recent downtimes or other issues with our servers and they confirmed that our servers are up and running.

The issue might be caused by some security software (for example, antivirus or firewall) on the perimeter blocking access to Remote Utilities. Could you please let me know if you have any antivirus/firewall software running on the Host machines where the issue occurs? In addition, please let me know if all of the machines are connected to the internet via the same ISP and if yes, then can you please provide us the name of this ISP as the issue might be occurring on their level (if the ISP is blocking access to Remote Utilities)?

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 14, 2021 10:56:09 am EDT
Hi Polina,

I have many people fr om different ISPS and different networks and Anti-Virus's, mainly we use Kasperkspy. this issue only happened yesterday wh ere i unable to view anyone, please take a look at the log, this is very urgent and i need this up and running ASAP
Apr 14, 2021 11:22:24 am EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello Feisal,

Thank you for your message.

I've just checked if I'm able to connect to a remote Host via Internet-ID connection using our public server and can confirm that it works as expected, i.e. our public server is reachable. I've additionally checked with our developers if there were any recent downtimes or other issues with our servers and they confirmed that our servers are up and running.

The issue might be caused by some security software (for example, antivirus or firewall) on the perimeter blocking access to Remote Utilities. Could you please let me know if you have any antivirus/firewall software running on the Host machines where the issue occurs? In addition, please let me know if all of the machines are connected to the internet via the same ISP and if yes, then can you please provide us the name of this ISP as the issue might be occurring on their level (if the ISP is blocking access to Remote Utilities)?

Looking forward to your reply.

This is a response from our IT Department:
"Watchguard/Websense is detecting the IP behind id.remoteutilities.com as a botnet network and blocking access to it.
Definition of botnet = a network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge, e.g., to send spam messages

The issue is with them. The IP/Web site is compromised and categorised as NOT safe
"
UNABLE to see anyone online - 14 Apr 2021 11:21:42
please also see attached image, this is very urgent can we have this resolved ASAP
Apr 14, 2021 11:30:57 am EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you very much for the provided information.

I'll immediately forward this to my coworkers and we will contact Watchguard/Websense and ask them to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I'll let you know as soon as there are any updates on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated.
Apr 14, 2021 11:45:10 am EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello Feisal,

Thank you very much for the provided information.

I'll immediately forward this to my coworkers and we will contact Watchguard/Websense and ask them to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I'll let you know as soon as there are any updates on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll keep you updated.

some more information from our IT team:
Your Internet in the office with ILAP (by BELL)

I am able from our office (Rogers) to ping id.remoteutilities.com while cannot from SIltech (BELL)
I tried from 2 other clients using BELL as ISP and cannot ping (connect to id.remoteutilities.com)

It looks to be some block/issue in BELL’s network reaching id.remoteutilities.com network
Rogers:
UNABLE to see anyone online - 14 Apr 2021 11:44:45

Bell:
UNABLE to see anyone online - 14 Apr 2021 11:44:45

This is very urgent on our side if can be resolved soon please
Apr 14, 2021 12:24:58 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for the provided details.

We're already contacting the WatchGuard and we'll do our best to resolve the issue as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll let you know as soon as there are any updates on this.
Apr 14, 2021 2:29:33 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to inform you that we've contacted WatchGuard and submitted a False Positive report, so they can look into the issue and stop blocking Remote Utilities as soon as possible. As we're waiting for their reply, we recommend that you also submit a False Positive on their website here or you can contact your ISPs as well and ask them to request WatchGuard to look into the issue on their behalf.

I'll keep you updated on this and will let you know if there are any updates on this issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)