New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

how can i get Internet ID to program BGinfo?

Links used in this discussion
Piotr Roguski, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 28, 2021 8:10:45 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
hi,
i need to get internet ID from host app to text file to program BGinfo and other apps in my company.  how can i do this?
Mister X, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 28, 2021 8:25:09 am EDT
Edited:Mister X - Apr 28, 2021 8:26:41 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 28, 2021 11:39:57 am EDT
Hello Piotr,

Thank you for your message.

You mean that you want to extract the Internet-ID code of your remote Hosts and save it as *txt files in order to configure the BGInfo utility? If this is the case, the easiest way is to simply copy the Internet-ID code from the Host Settings -> Dashboard tab.
Alternatively, the Host settings are also stored in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\.

In case if you mean something else, please let me know.

Hope that helps.
Apr 29, 2021 2:28:36 am EDT
i can't simply copy the Internet-ID code from the Host Settings -> Dashboard tab because this option is off.
BGinfo works with us via GPO script so I can't enter it manually

the registry key is very hard to extract is encoded in binary and is with data other than ID. Do you have any script that extract this?
Edited:Mister X - Apr 29, 2021 2:29:31 am EDT
Apr 29, 2021 2:27:14 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

I will forward your question to our developers and will ask for their input on this. However, please note that according to our Support Policy we do not assist in writing scripts/codes or implementing integration of Remote Utilities with other software.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update on this from our developers.
Apr 30, 2021 5:45:57 am EDT
thank you
I understand that you can't make scripts to integrate with other programs, but it's just about extracting the ID to the file. I hope that maybe in the next update it will be possible to get the uncoded internet-ID in the program files or in the registry. I think it would help other companies as well
Boris Rudoy, User (Posts: 33)
Apr 30, 2021 8:44:41 am EDT
Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\Host\Parameters
contain binary key parameter InternetId
This binary data is not encrypted, it's just encoded as Hex code. All you need to do is convert Hex code to UTF-8 , and read xml with data.
Online converter is here: https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/hex-to-ascii.html
Or Google "Hex to UTF-8" for more tools.
Apr 30, 2021 3:57:03 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

Boris, thank you for your input on this, we really appreciate it!

Mister X, I've checked with our developers on this and they've confirmed that the Host registry key contains XML encoded as UTF-8. So in this case, Boris's advice should work perfectly.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)