New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Blank host screen feature does not work

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 29, 2021 4:47:09 pm EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for your patience.

Yesterday we've released an update for Remote Utilities - version 7.0.1.0 where we implemented a number of fixes. Could you please try updating your installation to the latest version 7.0.1.0 and see if the issue with the screen blanking still persists?
The latest version 7.0.1.0 is available for download on this page. Alternatively, you can update your installation using the Self-Update feature. When updating, please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version.

Please let me know if the issue persists after the update.
Kaelyn C, User (Posts: 11)
May 01, 2021 9:57:29 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Polina,

I have updated to the latest version for both viewer & host. However, the blank host screen feature is still not working.

I viewed the host log and found an error - Exception: Error TMyOpenSSLSocket.ReadStream. (EMyOpenSSL Exception). I am not sure whether this is related the the blank host screen issue.

Thank you.
Attached Files
Blank host screen feature does not work
May 04, 2021 10:06:17 am EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for the update.

I've forwarded the issue to our developers along with all provided information to see if we can reproduce it in our environment.

I'll get back to you with an update on this soon. Sorry for keeping you waiting.
May 13, 2021 5:07:23 pm EDT
Hello Kaelyn,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers on this and one of the reasons this issue might be occurring is if Windows OS is not updated to its latest build. Could you please double-check if your Windows is updated to the latest version on both Host and Viewer machine? Here's how you can check if there are any updates are available for your Windows:
1. Click on the Windows Start button in the taskbar, then navigate to: Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
2. Alternatively, you can click the Check for Windows updates button on this Microsoft help page.
After you've updated your machines to the latest Windows build, please try connecting to the remote Host once again and see if this helped to resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)