Community

MSI Agent created asking for admin credentials

Lazaro Carrillo, User (Posts: 2)
May 03, 2021 12:36:28 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello community. I am just trying to start using Remote Utilities and whenever I create a MSI Agent for On demand Support it ask the ends user for admin credentials. Is there a way to remove that? End users are running Windows 10 systems.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 04, 2021 12:04:15 pm EDT
Hello Lazaro,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean that when running Agent you see the UAC prompt? If this is the case, then please note that it's expected behavior, as for some operations admin privileges may be required, that's why running the Agent causes UAC prompt to show. The user can choose whether they want to run it with elevated privileges or not - if they click Cancel the Agent will run as a normal user.

Hope that helps.
Lazaro Carrillo, User (Posts: 2)
May 04, 2021 2:26:37 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks for the response. I didn't think about clicking No when the UAC prompt showed up. I believed it would close the application.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 04, 2021 4:16:43 pm EDT
Hello Lazaro,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

In case of Agent the UAC prompt simply requests the elevated privileges, so when selecting "Cancel" on the UAC prompt, you're just denying Agent from running with admin privileges (this will run Agent under the current Windows user without admin rights), not from running at all. I will forward this to my coworkers for a review to see if we could add this information to our Documentation about Agent.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)