New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

slow viewer computer, fast host computer good internet, best cpu speed

Links used in this discussion
mike webb, User (Posts: 10)
May 07, 2021 5:21:16 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
would like it if you could verify that i understand this correctly. i have a computer that i use for the viewer, is very slow, it connects to a host computer that is very fast. i have a pretty good internet connection between the 2 computers. on the viewer computer its best for me to put cpu usage at the lowest setting ?? my co-workers have fast computers with really good internet connections. best to put them on high cpu usage?? i've tried the different color modes and 8 bit works best. 4 bit is a bit to much degrading.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 11, 2021 5:40:24 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that the CPU usage value you set in the Connection Properties - Color and CPU tab affects remote sessions with this specific Host since it might be specified to different values for each connection.
In this case, we would recommend that you test out a remote session with a default CPU feature and then adjust it accordingly to better match it with your configuration. Perhaps, this KB page might additionally provide some helpful information.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)