New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Disconnect from Host Side

Links used in this discussion
Travis Moulton, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 27, 2014 6:09:49 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Is "Stop RUT Host" or "Stop Host" the only way to disconnect a viewer from the host side?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 27, 2014 6:42:51 pm EST
Hello Travis,

You can disconnect the Viewer in a couple of different ways:

1. By stoping the Host service. You can do that by using the "Stop Host" item in the context menu or in Windows Start -> Remote Utilities - Host -> Stop Host. You can also stop the Host service (rutserv.exe) in the list of processes.

2. By clicking on the X button in the notification panel (provided that option to show notification panel is enabled in the Host settings).

Stopping the Host like described in p. 1 is available only when you are an "administrator" on the remote machine. That is, a "user account" won't be able to stop the process without admin rights. However, p. 2 is always available for any account.

Hope that helps.
Manel Juarez, User (Posts: 1)
May 10, 2021 10:43:54 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
How can i stop the host from viewer computer if in the host i am using run only agent, not the host service installed.

I want to connect to host, that runs with "agent",  do something, and then shutdown the "agent" to not accept more connections, until a "human" restart the remote utilities agent program.
Edited:Manel Juarez - May 10, 2021 10:46:34 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 11, 2021 5:46:36 pm EDT
Hello Manel,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that in case of using the non-installable Agent the remote machine and Agent itself are only available for connection as long as Agent is running. Therefore, you can simply close the Agent window - this will disconnect any currently active sessions and no Viewer will be able to connect to this machine until you run Agent again. For more information please see this page on connecting via Agent.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)