New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

RU Server - export list of connected hosts (every 5 min)

Links used in this discussion
Peter, User (Posts: 2)
May 10, 2021 6:16:23 am EDT
Support level: Endpoint
Hello, I have the latest version of RU server (licensed, on-premises version), how can I export the list of connected hosts ?.

Additionally, can I export the station ID from its Windows registry or from a local folder ?.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 11, 2021 11:19:13 am EDT
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that you need to export a list of all the Host that are connected to your RU Server? If this is the case, you can find your Server's address books saved in the data folder in the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Server\.
If you mean that you want to set up your Server to automatically add any Host that contacted your Server, then you can set up the auto-import feature as described in this tutorial.

Additionally, can I export the station ID from its Windows registry or from a local folder ?.

Yes, of course, you can find the Host's Internet-ID code in its registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Host\.

Hope that helps.
Peter, User (Posts: 2)
May 12, 2021 3:26:01 am EDT
Support level: Endpoint
Thank you for the answer, the key in the Windows registry is saved in binary, is it possible to force the agent to write the ID number in plain text?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 12, 2021 10:55:03 am EDT
Hello Peter,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to force Agent to store its settings from the registry key in the plain text format. The Host/Agent registry keys contains XML encoded as UTF-8. This binary data is not encrypted, it's just encoded as Hex code. Therefore, you only need to convert Hex code to UTF-8, and read the XML with data using any "Hex to UTF-8" online converter.
Alternatively, the Internet-ID code is available as a plain text in the Agent's window itself.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)