Community

Stuck on "connecting to (connection name)...please wait"

Links used in this discussion
Feisal Ali, User (Posts: 10)
May 07, 2021 3:45:41 pm EDT
I can't seem to connect to this machine it just loops around connecting to and never connects, i tried restarting both machines and RU host and viewer with no luck
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 07, 2021 4:27:57 pm EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean that your connection get stuck at the window with "digital world map" screen when connecting to the remote Host? If this is the case, then please make sure that you've updated your Remote Utilities installation to the latest version available - as of this writing it's version 7.0.1.0. In the latest update we've implemented some additional fixes to eliminate this issue. For more information please see the Release Notes.

The latest version 7.0.1.0 is available for download on this page or you can also update your installation via the Self-Update feature. When updating, please make sure to update both Host and Viewer to the same version in order to avoid the version mismatch.

Hope that helps.
Feisal Ali, User (Posts: 10)
May 07, 2021 5:17:30 pm EDT
Correct it is stuck on the globe part, i've updated RU and still not working.

Please Advise.
May 11, 2021 9:34:22 am EDT
Hello Feisal,

Thank you for the clarification.

We've released an updated version 7.0.2.0 on May 7. Could you please try updating your installation once again and see if the issue still persists? The latest version 7.0.2.0 is available for download on this page or via the Self-update feature.

In case if the issue still persists after updating, please also try the following temporary workarounds that might help connecting to a remote Host:
1. Authenticate/Log in on one of your Hosts where the issue with the "world map"/loading window occurs.
2. Start a Full Control session. The "world map"/loading screen must be showing for some time.
3. In the Full Control window, right-click on the connection tab, select Send key command and choose a command to send (e.g. the Alt+PrtScr command or you can choose any other).
4. If everything goes well, the connection should be established immediately.
If the above solution did not help, please try simply closing the Full Control connection window and re-opening it once again right away.

Please let me know if the above works for you.
Howard S, User (Posts: 3)
May 20, 2021 2:00:48 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi:
I am using the V 7.0.2.0 Viewer. I have had the problem twice now where after I click on one of my connections and enter the password, I get the world map full screen saying "Connecting to xxx. Please Wait." and iy stays stuck on this screen. If I do Ctl-Alt-Del, most of the time nothing happens. Maybe one time out of ten, the screen comes up where I can click Task Manager, but then Task Manager flashes and it goes back to the World Map. Alt-Tab doesnt work. Alt-F4 to exit doesnt worn and WindowsKey+X doesnt work.
Yesterday, if i waited a while, the World Map wold eventually close. Today, I waited ten minutes, it didnt go away and I had to do a hard-reset and lost a lot of work and corrupted my email program files.
I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with your workaround. I only do Full Control sessions. I have no control over my computer to do anything else!
Attached Files
Stuck on "connecting to (connection name)...please wait"
May 20, 2021 3:18:07 pm EDT
Helllo Howard,

Please make sure that your Host is updated to the latest version 7.0.2.0 as well - this can be done via the Self-Update feature or manually. The latest version 7.0.2.0 is available for download on this page.

In addition, please try enabling the Use legacy capture mode checkbox in the Host Settings -> Other tab and see if this helps to resolve the issue. After enabling the checkbox please make sure to restart Host in order for the changes to be applied. Please note that this can also be done via the Remote Settings feature that allows you to change settings of the remote Host within your Viewer.

Please let us know if the above solutions did not help and the issue persists.
Howard S, User (Posts: 3)
May 21, 2021 12:57:25 pm EDT
HI. It works fine with one of my customers. With the 2nd that I had the problem with yesterday, I upgraded them to Host 7.0.2.0 and had the same problem with it stuck on the full-screen World Map today.

I use the MSI-Configurator in the7020 Viewer to generate an Agent package with my logo.
Where can I enable the 'Use Legacy Capture' you suggest using that method to create the Host.

Thanks..
PS - I am currently using the 10 License Free but expect to be purchasing the 20 license $99 package soon.
May 21, 2021 2:09:54 pm EDT
Hello Howard,

Yes, you can enable the Use legacy capture mode feature when generating your custom MSI installation or Agent package. Here's how you can do it:
1. On Step 4 - Host settings configuration of the configuration process enable the General and network settings checkbox and click Finish. This will invoke the Host/Agent settings window - any settings you will set up here, will be applied to the remote Hosts installed using this installation package or to your Agent.
2. In the Host/Agent settings window navigate to the Other tab and enable the Use legacy capture mode checkbox. Click OK and save the output file.
3. Install the remote Host using the pre-configured installer - or, in this case, run your Agent. The Use legacy capture mode will be already enabled.
4. Try connecting to the remote Host/Agent where the issue have previously occurred and see if this solution helped to resolve it.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Boris Rudoy, User (Posts: 33)
May 21, 2021 2:18:30 pm EDT
As a work around:
In the Viewer
- Open File tab and Select Options
- Unselect Tabbed View
- Run Full control for selected host

- World map screen will appear as separate window
- Right click on World map window header
- Select "Send Key" -> "Ctrl-Alt-F12"
In my case it's help. I am still have one host to use this way to avoid endless World map screen.
Attached Files
Stuck on "connecting to (connection name)...please wait" Stuck on "connecting to (connection name)...please wait"
Matt Harrington, User (Posts: 1)
May 22, 2021 6:16:36 am EDT
Using Legacy Capture mode worked for me and now I can connect to those clients that stayed on the 'world map' whilst trying to connect. Matt

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)