Community

Couple extra viewer columns to describe Hosts

Alan Halls, User (Posts: 23)
May 26, 2021 11:30:43 am EDT
It would be great to have a couple extra columns about our Hosts.

An couple easy ones would be Host IP address, and a "Last Active" date column in the offline section.

I have 188 connections, but a slew of them are for old customers that have uninstalled the service, or existing customers that upgraded servers and haven't reinstalled on the new server.

I hesitate to delete any connections because I am not sure if they are not active simply because the computer they are installed on was turned off, or the program crashed but will be back online the next time the server restarts...

Having a couple extra user definable columns would be nice so I could describe the service we provide to them more effectively, about the computer I am controlling etc. So for me, I might have a column that states which CRM they are using, and another that states whether it is a headless server, or a workstation, Customer ID, Email Contact, Phone Number...

I realize I CAN put some of that into the Comment column, but I can't sort by it.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 26, 2021 1:09:52 pm EDT
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your message.

An couple easy ones would be Host IP address, and a "Last Active" date column in the offline section.

Please note that the column IP address already exists in the address book, i.e. if the remote Host is directly accessible for Viewer and its IP address was added to the connection entry:
Couple extra viewer columns to describe Hosts - 26 May 2021 12:54:19
The "IP address" column is displayed by default if your address book is switched to the Details view mode.

As for the Last active column - we already have this feature in our roadmap, so this column will be added in our future updates. Unfortunately, there's no specific ETA on this feature yet.

So for me, I might have a column that states which CRM they are using, and another that states whether it is a headless server, or a workstation, Customer ID, Email Contact, Phone Number...
I realize I CAN put some of that into the Comment column, but I can't sort by it.

You are absolutely correct, currently, this information can be added to the "Comment" column, however, we already have an additional feature in our roadmap that will allow techs to see more detailed information about remote Host displayed on an additional info panel. Unfortunately, no specific ETA on this either, but I will forward your suggestion to our development department for a review.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)