New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Please Identify Yourself

Alan Halls, User (Posts: 23)
May 26, 2021 11:57:45 am EDT
It would really be nice if the phrasing of this could be changed to be more friendly.

Maybe a configurable title such as "Completing Remote Utilities Installation" and then a label for the textbox that could be configured to say something like "Please enter the name of your office". Of course not everyone wants the same thing, so making it configurable would be so... friendly.

As it is, it is very non descriptive, and people just type in their first name, which helps, while I am on the phone with them, but isn't all that helpful for when people install it before talking to me.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 26, 2021 3:05:40 pm EDT
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean the Ask the user to identify themselves checkbox which is available within the MSI Configurator Tool, correct? If this is the case, then we plan to improve this specific feature by adding the auto-identification feature as well. The auto-identification feature will allow to automatically fetch additional information, such as username or the name of the remote machine. However, I'll additionally forward your suggestion to our developers for a review as well.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Alan Halls, User (Posts: 23)
May 26, 2021 3:26:54 pm EDT
Thank you, that is what I was referring to. So in addition to the check box, it would be nice to be able to have a couple text fields, one for title, one for message
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 26, 2021 4:02:59 pm EDT
Hello Alan,

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll forward your suggestion to our developers for a review to see if we can add it to our roadmap and implement it in the future updates for Remote Utilities.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)