New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Can not connect to Host (Verification message)

Links used in this discussion
Mike Mossel, User (Posts: 10)
May 28, 2021 5:21:36 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
When trying to connect with Viewer 7.0.2.0 to a remote Host 7.0.2.0 (both on Windows 10 with latest update), I get the Viewer message:
Verification message: Can not connect to Host. (see attached picture)
It is a connection to a external IP adres with Port 4934

Connections to other remote Hosts on othe Windows 10 machines works fine.
I have uninstalled the Host using your specific instructions and installed it again. Rebooted the remote machine, but that did not help.
Please help?
Attached Files
Can not connect to Host (Verification message)
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 28, 2021 4:52:53 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if the port 4934 is set up on both the remote Host's side and the Viewer's side as well? On the Host's side please make sure that the port 4934 is set up in the Host Settings -> Port tab as this is the port used for Direct connection.
On the Viewer's side please navigate to the Connection Properties -> Network tab and make sure that the port 4934 is listed as a Host's port as well.
Last but not least, please make sure that the same port 4934 is opened on the Host machine and is not used by other software.

In case if all of the above already applies but you still cannot connect to the remote Host please feel free to send us the Host logs from the machine that you cannot connect to. You can locate the Host log files in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Remote Utilities - Host\Logs\.
You can send the log files to support@remoteutilities.com. Please do not post the log files on the forum as they're considered to contain personal information.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mike Mossel, User (Posts: 10)
May 30, 2021 3:11:40 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Dear Polina,
The issue was caused by a wrong setting in the viewer:
In Connecton > Properties > Network, Use IPv6 was set to selected.
Turning this off, was the solution.
Sorry, my mistake.
Thanks for replying and support!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
May 31, 2021 12:18:58 pm EDT
Hello Mike,

Thank you for updating us on the issue. I'm glad to hear it works for you now!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions or need our assistance. We're happy to help!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)