Community

Server on Linux

Links used in this discussion
PawelR, User (Posts: 3)
Aug 09, 2021 2:35:19 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hello.

Is there any chance to cre ate   server which works on linux to reduce required licenses?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 09, 2021 3:03:04 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you mean the self-hosted RU Server for Linux? If this is the case, then unfortunately, we do not provide RU Server or Host for Linux/Mac yet, but we plan to release these modules in the near future. Currently, only Viewer is available for Mac/Linux - you can download the Linux distributive on this page.

In addition, please note that RU Server does not require to be registered with a license key as well as Host, you only need to register your Viewer regardless of the license type.
If you mean something else, please let us know.

Hope that helps.
Aug 09, 2021 3:11:35 pm EDT
Hello.
Yes i mean self hosted Ru-server.
I don't need license for Your software, but if i want to run own server to connect hosts i need license for operating system. I would prefer to run RU-server on linux whitch is free.
Aug 09, 2021 5:23:21 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, RU Server for Linux is still in development. However, as a temporary solution you can try using RU Server on a Linux machine via Wine.

Hope that helps.
Aug 10, 2021 3:37:44 pm EDT
Thank you for the information.
Could developers prepare a Linux version of RU-server without gui with the boot parameters in configuration file ?
Aug 10, 2021 4:04:14 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your feature suggestion.

I will forward it to our developers for a review to see if we can implement it in one of our future releases of RU Server.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Piotr Oldak, User (Posts: 1)
Jan 03, 2022 5:21:13 pm EST
Support level: Starter
I also ask for a RU server on Linux without GUI so that I can install it on VPS with Ubuntu.
Jan 10, 2022 2:05:27 pm EST
Hello Piotr,

I've checked with our developers and we will definitely release a RU Server for Linux without GUI in our future updates for Remote Utilities. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this yet.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Barry Smith, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 14, 2024 12:51:45 pm EDT
Hi,

Just to say that I am also interested in a RU self-hosted server for Rocky / Red Hat Linux, for CLI.

I would much appreciate an update as to when this is likely to be available.

Cheers.
Apr 15, 2024 1:24:37 pm EDT
Hello Barry,

We definitely have plans for RU Server for Linux in the future. Unfortunately, we can’t provide any specific ETA on this yet, however, we’ll do our best to make it available as soon as possible.
We will definitely let all our users know once RU Server for Linux is available.

Let us know if you have any questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)