Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 01, 2021 7:33:51 am EDT
It's most likely this year.
Luis Duran, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 02, 2021 8:46:27 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
License expired July 31. Will the next trial period be available today?
Edited:Luis Duran - Aug 02, 2021 8:54:34 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Aug 02, 2021 10:43:11 am EDT
Hello Luis,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that we've already updated Viewer for Mac/Linux and the latest version 1.0.10.q Beta 10 is available for download on this page. Please note that the licensing in the latest version 1.0.10.q Beta 10 works the same as for Viewer for Windows, i.e. you can use Viewer in trial mode for 30 days after which you need to register your Viewer with your license key.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Michael Norman, User (Posts: 12)
Aug 23, 2021 3:26:37 pm EDT
I'm still seeing the viewer crash occasionally.

When this happens, is there anything we can provide to help you?

I'm also seeing strange keyboard mapping issues as well.
Aug 23, 2021 4:07:14 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please let us know what version of Viewer for Mac do you use, i.e. if it's the last version currently available (version 1.0.10.q Beta 10)? In addition please let us know what specific version of MacOS do you use as well? We will try to reproduce the issue in our environment to see if we're able to implement a fix for this in our future updates.

I'm also seeing strange keyboard mapping issues as well.

Could you please elaborate a bit on this issue, i.e. what specific keys do you have issues with and their exact behavior?

Looking forward to your reply.
Aug 23, 2021 6:17:46 pm EDT
Viewer on mac, version 1.0.10.q beta 10, connecting to windows boxes running version 7.0.2.0.

If I do a full control, and leave it open, it will crash.

I'm on macOS Big Sur version 11.5.2.  My mac setup is a MBP with two Thunderbolt displays externally connected (so I have 3 local displays).  

Keyboard issue:
I'm occasionally seeing the remote system not release, for example, the CTRL key.

Clipboard copy paste does not work, either.
Aug 23, 2021 6:24:55 pm EDT
Minor UX issue with viewer on mac, if I have the viewer open and I have a control window open, right clicking the icon doesn't let me pick which window I want to focus on.

For example, open safari, open two tabs, drag one tab away so you have two safari windows. Right click safari in the dock and you can select which window you wish to focus on.
Aug 24, 2021 12:19:30 pm EDT
From Mac to Windows - If I switch focus to another app, then come back to the viewer, it's non-responsive and I have to close and reconnect.

To recreate, just connect to a machine from a mac. Interact with it, then CMD+TAB to another app for a few minutes. Then CMD+TAB back - window will be unresponsive.
Aug 24, 2021 1:18:45 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the clarification and provided details.

I will forward this issue to our developers for a review to see if we can reproduce it and fix in the future updates. I'll keep you updated on this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Aug 24, 2021 1:31:57 pm EDT
Of note - this happens when I run the viewer in full screen.

I just tested it in a window and it has remained responsive.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)