Community

Unable to Update Viewer to v 7.0

Links used in this discussion
Audrey Mora, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 11, 2022 6:47:12 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

I use the Linux version with a free license. I just downloaded the latest version available, but it will not let me update to version 7.0. When I follow the instructions on the "Update" page, I do not see a way to update Viewer. The option isn't even there. Since I use Internet ID, I can no longer connect to my work PC. I've tried both the temp key and the new license key to no avail. Is there another way to update, or am I missing something?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Feb 14, 2022 9:11:13 am EST
Hello Audrey,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that the latest version of Viewer for Linux and Mac is currently 1.0.11.q (Beta 11) which is available for download on this page.
As of this writing, version 7.1.2.0 is only available for Remote Utilities for Windows.
In this case, you only need to upgrade your remote Host to the latest version 7.1.2.0. Unfortunately, the Simple Update feature is not available in Viewer for Linux/Mac yet, so in this case you will need to upgrade your Host manually - simply download the Host installation package of the latest version on this page, run it on the remote Host machine and follow the steps provided by the installation wizard. Your Host will be upgraded to the latest version and its existing settings will be carried over to the new installation automatically.
After upgrading your Host you should be able to connect to it from Viewer for Linux of the latest version 1.0.11q (Beta 11).

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)