New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Host/agent for MacOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Liam Fermoyle, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 29, 2021 10:33:34 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Good day. Is there an update on a possible beta release for the Mac host/agent?

I understand this has been in development for some time, no ETA for release has been given apart from a possible few months from May 2021.

Regards
Liam
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Sep 29, 2021 4:11:23 pm EDT
Hello Liam,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there's no specific ETA on the release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux yet. However, I'll additionally check on this with our development department to see if there are any updates on this. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

I'll get back to you with an update on this shortly.
Oct 01, 2021 2:43:55 pm EDT
Hello Liam,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked on this with our developers and as of this writing, the approximate ETA for the release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is within the first half of the next year. However, we'll do our best to make Host/Agent for Mac/Linux available for our users as soon as possible.

Hope that helps.
Dave Fortin, User (Posts: 5)
Oct 06, 2021 3:30:18 pm EDT
Support level: Starter
In the same boat.  I am moving from [censored] to remote utilities and need a mac client....
Oct 06, 2021 4:49:07 pm EDT
Hello Dave,

We'll do our best to release the Host and Agent modules for Mac/Linux as soon as we can. Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Liam Fermoyle, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 07, 2021 4:14:43 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Dave Fortin wrote:

[censored]

Dave, did you move away from that due to the Big Sur issues with screen recording permissions?

-------------------------------------------------------

Polina wrote:

Hello Dave,

We'll do our best to release the Host and Agent modules for Mac/Linux as soon as we can. Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long.

Hello Polina, I think the main question for everyone is, why it the release being pushed so much for so long?
Oct 07, 2021 10:55:19 am EDT
Hello Liam,

Dave, did you move away from that due to the Big Sur issues with screen recording permissions

Please note that according to our Community Forum rules publishing and discussing information regarding competitor products is not allowed on our forum. For more information please see our Community rules. Thank you for understanding.

Hello Polina, I think the main question for everyone is, why it the release being pushed so much for so long?

Unfortunately, I'm just a support staff and do not have this kind of information regarding why the release is being postponed. We simply want to be honest with our users, so, even though we provide some approximate ETA, it's still just an estimated timeline. Even though we couldn't release Host/Agent for Mac/Viewer as fast as we were hoping to, but it is in the development stage and among our highest priorities at the moment. Our developers will do their best to provide Host/Agent for Mac/Linux as soon as possible. I apologize once again for keeping you waiting. We'll make sure to notify all users as soon as Host/Agent is available.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Dave Fortin, User (Posts: 5)
Mar 08, 2022 2:00:01 pm EST
Support level: Starter
I see the beta viewer, any idea on the host?   Just checking...
Mar 09, 2022 9:12:34 am EST
Hello Dave,

Yes, Host and Agent for Mac and Linux OSs are already in the development stages and we hope to release them as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA on this release yet. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
May 04, 2022 12:12:39 am EDT
Been a couple months since the last reply (in addition to the several years of "we're working on it!") so I thought I would ask....any news or updates? This is a REALLY IMPORTANT feature to some of us.

File transfer, I can get around that with dropbox etc, viewing on different OSs, I can get around that with virtual machines, AD integration, I can get around with scripts, scaling issues I can live with, port manager, I have never had a real problem with ports so that is pretty useless to me. But not being able to help clients running MacOS and to a lesser extent Linux is killing me.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)