New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Storing License

Links used in this discussion
Mike, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 10, 2022 12:04:31 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I am using Mac viewer viewer1.0.11.b11 and am trying to install the license, but can't find where.
There doesn't appear to be a help or license storage option
Please advise
Thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 10, 2022 4:01:50 pm EST
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if you can locate the Help menu option on the Menu bar located at the very top of your desktop? You should be able to find the Help menu there which can invoke the License key storage.
In case if the Help menu does not display in the Menu bar, then could you please send us a screenshot, so that your Viewer is visible along with the Menu bar (please make sure to hide/blur any sensitive information).

Hope that helps.
carl friedberg, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 26, 2022 5:12:44 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Pauline, I just signed up for the free version. I am confused between Internet ID (a 12 digit number to identify a host so I can connect to it?) and the License key. I see there is a host key certificate (sometthing.pem). What role does that play?

Thank you for help to clear up my confusion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 27, 2022 1:28:22 pm EDT
Hello Carl,

Thank you for your message.

Do you mean the Host's certificate that can be found in the Host Settings -> Host identity tab? If this is the case, then please note that it's used for an automatic certificate-based Host identity check mechanism.
Host's Internet-ID code is used when you want to connect to a remote Host using Internet-ID connection. For more information please see this page on Internet-ID connection.

As for the license key - it controls the limit on how many remote connections you can add to your address book, for example, free license allows to add up to 10 remote Hosts. For more information on the license types please see this page.

Hope that helps.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)