New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

[ Closed ] Host and Agent availability for Linux and Mac

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 04, 2022 5:01:06 pm EDT
Hello Allan,

Of course, we'll definitely make sure to notify all our users as soon as Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is available for download.

Please feel free to post another message if you have other questions.
Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Jun 01, 2022 10:55:57 am EDT
I know, right?
Ted Laurent, User (Posts: 3)
Jun 01, 2022 11:08:32 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
User shrugs shoulders and unsubscribes from thread realizing that the vendor has no intention of ever honoring their word.
Edited:Ted Laurent - Jun 01, 2022 11:09:46 am EDT
Jun 01, 2022 5:11:04 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your messages.

We understand your frustration and apologize for keeping you waiting for so long. However, I can assure you that we definitely will release Host/Agent for Mac/Linux and it is currently the biggest priority for our development department. We'll do our best to make it available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Flavio Spezi, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 04, 2022 4:39:20 am EDT
I'm like the Remote Utilities solution.
And so I bought a license to reward the project.
But I need the access to Linux/Raspberry PI (ARM processor).
I am waiting since years ago...

Honestly, when will the developer team start taking care of it?
I find it dishonest to go around making excuses and lying to their customers.

Thanks.
Jun 06, 2022 2:53:07 pm EDT
Hello Flavio,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that Host for Mac/Linux is already in development and we plan to release it in the nearest time as it's our biggest priority at the moment.
As for the Raspberry PI - we do have plans for releasing Viewer (and Host/Agent subsequently) for ARM Mac/Linux OSs as well sometime later.

Honestly, when will the developer team start taking care of it?
I find it dishonest to go around making excuses and lying to their customers.

We apologize for keeping everyone waiting for so long. We're doing our best (especially our developers) to make the promised releases available as soon as we can. However, please note that we're always transparent with our ETAs (even if we can't provide one for some features). Unfortunately, some delays with the release have occurred due to the fact that it was decided to use more advanced framework, which has made the development process longer, but will ultimately make the product better and more reliable.

Hope that helps.
Fritz Hurst, User (Posts: 5)
Sep 23, 2022 5:32:22 pm EDT
Crickets....
Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Sep 23, 2022 5:53:36 pm EDT

Pauline wrote:
we plan to release a first test version of Host for Mac/Linux in a few weeks and a final stable version of Viewer for Mac/Linux by the end of this year.

Maybe it is just me, but over 20 weeks (and counting) seems a tad more than "a few". Although that might be expected since they said "We certainly plan to release Host for Mac/Linux this year." back in 2020.
Sep 23, 2022 6:08:12 pm EDT
Hello Fritz and Allan,

We understand your frustration and apologize for keeping everyone waiting. Unfortunately, the release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux was delayed and we've previously shared that it's due to the fact that we've decided to use more advanced framework which will make the final product better and more reliable. We appreciate everyone's patience regarding the Mac/Linux release.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Liam Fermoyle, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 04, 2022 11:33:23 am EDT

Pauline wrote:

Hello Fritz and Allan,

We understand your frustration and apologize for keeping everyone waiting. Unfortunately, the release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux was delayed and we've previously shared that it's due to the fact that we've decided to use more advanced framework which will make the final product better and more reliable. We appreciate everyone's patience regarding the Mac/Linux release.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

I believe there might be some people who are truely losing faith as to when the Host product for MacOS and Linux will be released. Especially now that it will be using a more advanced framework which I would believe will require extensive recoding, in turn pushing any possible release date (following the current trend) far into 2023.

I believe as a company you should provide something of good faith, for example. An Alpha release demo video to show a developer actively testing the host using MacOS and Linux.

Even if this would only be 5 minutes or so long, as long as people can see it is being developed (without exposing any code for copywrite reasons) it will help maintain the faith.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)