Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Emiliano Javier Colombo, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 22, 2022 11:09:54 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Nijel Terry wrote:

For everyone who is unable to use the new July 2022 linux beta, Wayback Machine to the rescue!
https://web.archive.org/web/20220324124107/https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/linux.php

Thanks a lot!
James Higham, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 23, 2022 3:31:50 am EDT

Nijel Terry wrote:

For everyone who is unable to use the new July 2022 linux beta, Wayback Machine to the rescue!
https://web.archive.org/web/20220324124107/https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/linux.php

Thankyou Nijel, i just hope they find a solution before they expire this previous version.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 24, 2022 3:42:48 am EDT
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 25, 2022 3:33:39 pm EDT
Hello,

We have rebuilt beta 12 (the files have now been replaced). Please, download them here and try installing again.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks.
James Higham, User (Posts: 5)
Jul 25, 2022 4:04:30 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello,

We have rebuilt beta 12 (the files have now been replaced). Please, download them here and try installing again.

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for the quick rebuild. It seems to run now.
I will use it this week and leave more feedback if you like?

many thanks
James
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Jul 25, 2022 4:18:36 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Thank you! So far it runs. I've not tried connecting to any hosts yet. If I have any issues I'll leave a new comment here. As a precaution I've kept a copy of the b11 beta just in case.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 26, 2022 1:41:11 pm EDT
Hello James and Nijel,

We're glad to hear it works for you now! Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you.
magicf, User (Posts: 14)
Jul 28, 2022 5:43:26 am EDT

Pauline wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the MINI license allowing only up to 30 connections to be added to the address book is a known issue in Viewer for Mac/Linux which will be fixed in the nearest update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Hi. Will this known limitation/bug be removed/solved somewhen in the near future? A new version released in the past week but I still can't add more than 30 devices with my MINI licence.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 28, 2022 11:28:28 am EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The issue that had restricted MINI license users from adding more than 30 remote Hosts to their Viewer's for Mac/Linux address books was already fixed in the latest update.
Could you please double-check if your Viewer for Mac/Linux is updated to the latest version 1.0.12.q Beta 12? In addition, please note that we've re-built the files for beta 12 release just 3 days ago in order to implement a quick-fix for another issue, so just in case please also try re-downloading and re-installing the latest version of Viewer for Mac/Linux once again. The installation file for the latest version of Viewer for Mac/Linux is available for download here.

Hope that helps.
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Aug 01, 2022 2:49:57 pm EDT
I'm very pleased with the 1.0.12.q Beta 12 upd ate. In my experience the program has ceased it's periodic crashes and the auto-reconnect feature makes this an essential update over all previous Linux Viewers. Good things come to those who wait.

I was wondering if the bug that caused the Linux Viewer to corrupt data while editing a remote address book was resolved? I have not tested this myself yet, I just remember it being an issue for me in the past and the solution for me was to se t the Linux Viewer user account to Read Only and use the native Windows Viewer to manage the remote address book.

Many thanks,
Nijel

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)