New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Yoel S, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 16, 2023 11:37:22 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hello, any update for RDP via the Mac client?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jan 16, 2023 7:18:31 pm EST
Hello Yoel,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we're still investigating into this feature and whether we'll be able to implement it at some point in our future updates for Mac/Linux. Please note that RDP is a Microsoft-native solution and Remote Utilities has no control over how exactly it functions - the RDP connection mode that you can see in Viewer simply runs Microsoft's own RDP client, nothing more. For now you can see the list of features that definitely will be implemented in the upcoming updates in the very first message of this thread.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Yoel S, User (Posts: 4)
Jan 16, 2023 7:52:31 pm EST
Microsoft has an RDP client for mac, which I think it should be easy to implement, or maybe you can explain how we can do it ourselves after connecting securely with remote utilities
Jan 17, 2023 6:55:42 pm EST
Hello Yoel,

I've forwarded your question to our developers to ask them if they can provide any feedback on RDP for Mac. I'll get back to you as soon as I get an update from them.

Thank you.
Jan 18, 2023 6:20:51 pm EST
Hello Yoel,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers regarding the RDP feature for Mac and, unfortunately, we won't be able to implement it in our upcoming updates for now. Sorry if this makes our software less useful for you.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Jim Tracey, User (Posts: 20)
Jan 28, 2023 8:36:12 am EST
I was wondering if there is any update on the Host for Linux?
Jan 30, 2023 10:25:49 am EST
Hello Jim,

Unfortunately, there's no specific ETA on this release for now. However, we will do our best to release the first public beta of Host for Mac/Linux as soon as possible. Sorry that it took longer than expected.

Let us know if you have other questions.
Alexander Krugliy, User (Posts: 2)
Feb 23, 2023 3:06:32 pm EST
Pauline,
Hello, one year ago I am asked about default monitor selection in MAC client. But still no news Its will be very usefull feuture for controlling multimonitor systems from MAC. Thanks you!!!!
Feb 27, 2023 5:41:37 pm EST
Hello Alexander,

We definitely will add multi monitor support in subsequent updates of Viewer for Mac/Linux. Unfortunately, for now we can’t provide a specific ETA on this feature.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 01, 2023 8:53:37 am EST
Hello,

The first Host/Agent preview for Linux - see this thread.

Mac version will be released in beta together with the beta version for Linux. The version above is currently alpha and is for preview only.

Thanks.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)