Community

[ Closed ] Host and Agent availability for Linux and Mac

Links used in this discussion
Allan Hall, User (Posts: 43)
Oct 04, 2022 11:44:31 am EDT
Liam,

You are correct. After years of being told "soon" and "one of our top priorities" I have lost faith. Not only am I looking for a replacement product but I am making sure I let people know how well Remote Utilities delivers on its promises.

If you know of any good replacements, let me know. I have been trying out several over the past few months and hope to make a move in the near future.
Liam Fermoyle, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 04, 2022 11:57:25 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Allan Hall wrote:

Liam,

You are correct. After years of being told "soon" and "one of our top priorities" I have lost faith. Not only am I looking for a replacement product but I am making sure I let people know how well Remote Utilities delivers on its promises.

If you know of any good replacements, let me know. I have been trying out several over the past few months and hope to make a move in the near future.

I am unable to say any replacement on this forum due to t&c's but what had attracted me to this was the non-subscription of it. Free updates for minor versions, and free updates if a major update happens within 12 months of purchase. Do search me on LinkedIn though with my namel, might orange background on the picture :D.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 04, 2022 6:54:07 pm EDT
Hello Liam and Allan,

Thank you for the your feedback.

I'll forward your suggestion regarding the demo video to our development department to see if there's something we can do about that.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
R P, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 06, 2023 2:55:12 am EST
Hello,

I'd like to ask what's going on with the development of Host or Agent for macOS. Year 2023, will we be able to do it this year?
Jan 06, 2023 6:39:31 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I've forwarded your question to our development department since I need to check with them if there are any updates on the ETA. I will get back to you with an update on this as soon as I hear back from our developers. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Jan 26, 2023 3:05:38 pm EST
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we can't guarantee or confirm if Host/Agent for Mac/Linux will be released within the next month. Please note that we've always tried our best to be transparent on what we're hoping to deliver and whether we can provide any ETA for it.
If you own a commercial Remote Utilities license, then it's a one-time purchase of a perpetual license (which works forever, even when we release a major update), and not a subscription-based plan. In addition, our Viewer for Mac/Linux client didn't require a license key for almost two years and even with current licensing, you can always use free license with our software if it meets your needs.
Regarding the release of Host/Agent for Mac/Linux itself - unfortunately, our developers couldn't confirm any approximate ETA. We're sorry to keep everyone waiting, but as we already mentioned the delays with the release were mainly caused by decision to use more advanced framework, which has made the development process longer, but will ultimately make the product better and more reliable in the long run.

Hope that helps.
Jan 26, 2023 3:52:34 pm EST

Pauline wrote:
will ultimately make the product better and more reliable in the long run.

Yeah, it will reliably never run host on Linux/Mac ;-)
Jan 26, 2023 4:26:29 pm EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:

Hello Oldřich and Ziang,

Thank you for using Remote Utilities! We do our best to release Host/Agent support for Mac as soon as possible, but it should take at least a few months from now before the first beta is available.

This is from Mar 23, 2020 7:35:05 am EDT. Yes, FAR more than a year ago.
Edited:Allan Hall - Jan 26, 2023 4:27:22 pm EST
Jan 27, 2023 10:12:55 am EST
Hello everyone,

We understand your frustration with the delay of Mac/Linux Host release and apologize once again for keeping everyone waiting. Our developers are doing their best to make it available as soon as possible.
This thread will be closed to keep the conversation civil and follow our forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
Sep 18, 2023 6:58:19 pm EDT
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we've just released Agent for Mac/Linux. Even though, Host for Mac/Linux is still in development, Agent is already available for beta testing. You can find the full list of available features and discussion as well as download links on this page.

Thank you for your patience.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)