New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

CTRL+ALT+Del

Links used in this discussion
Eric Johnston, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 18, 2019 8:37:59 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
The machine im logging into requires sign in to be done with the CTL+ALT+Del key combo. How do I send that via remote viewer to log in?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Dec 19, 2019 11:55:18 am EST
Hello Eric,

Thank you for your message.

Please try using the Send Ctrl + Alt + Del button on the toolbar in the Full Control and View mode to send the Ctrl+Alt+Del key combination to a remote PC:
CTRL+ALT+Del - 19 Dec 2019 11:52:59

Hope that helps.
Dec 19, 2019 12:19:58 pm EST
Hello Eric,

I apologize for the misleading previous reply, I didn't realize that the question was about Mac/Linux Viewer.

Unfortunately, there is no such feature in Beta 1 yet, as it has limited functionality. However, the Send Ctrl+Alt+Delete feature will be implemented at subsequent stages (such as beta 2, beta 3 etc.) or the final release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Eric Johnston, User (Posts: 2)
Dec 19, 2019 1:35:48 pm EST
Thank you for the reply, Ill use a virtual machine for the time being until I can do it natively.
Dec 24, 2019 12:32:25 pm EST
Hello Eric,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to inform you that we released the updated Beta of the Viewer for Mac where we implemented the Send Ctrl+Alt+Del feature along with the advanced mouse scroll and displaying remote cursor shape.
A full list of features that are already implemented or will be implemented in future updates is available here.

Hope that helps.
William Blydenburgh, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 29, 2024 2:40:57 pm EST
Send 'alt ctrl delete' in the drop down tool bar does not do anything when I click it or double click it.  Am I doing something wrong?  I really need for this to work.  Any help is greatly apreciated.
Thanks.
Bill.
Feb 29, 2024 4:05:05 pm EST
Hello William,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you’re using Remote Utilities for Mac/Linux or for Windows OS?

Looking forward to your reply.
Feb 29, 2024 4:35:02 pm EST
Linux.  Apologies, I thought I posted this in the linux section.
The controlling computer is linux, the controlled computer is windows 10.
Feb 29, 2024 6:28:39 pm EST
Hello William,

Thank you for the confirmation.

In this case, could you please verify if you’re using the latest version of Remote Utilities on both sides? It’s version 7.2.2.0 for Windows and version 1.0.17.q Beta 17 for Linux.

Looking forward to your reply.
Mar 01, 2024 4:47:10 pm EST
I am using 7.2.2.0 for Windows and version 1.0.17.q (70250) Beta 17 for Linux.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)