Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Patricia Ramos, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 24, 2020 2:13:16 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
hey,
I installed the MacOs viewer and I add no problems with the installation neither with adding new computers (all windows) to connect.
However when I try to connect to any of them it always complains that the password is wrong. I use the same username and passwords to connect to those computers from another windows machine and I have no problems

thank you
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 24, 2020 6:46:37 pm EDT
Hello Patricia,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify what Authorization method is set up for the remote Hosts? In addition, please confirm if I got it right that you use the same Authorization method along with the same credentials from another Viewer on a Windows machine and this way you can successfully connect to these remote Hosts machines?

Looking forward to your reply.
Bruce Walker, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 26, 2020 8:38:25 am EDT

Patricia Ramos wrote:
However when I try to connect to any of them it always complains that the password is wrong. I use the same username and passwords to connect to those computers from another windows machine and I have no problems

thank you

Same problem but running the linux viewer.
I tried to use the Remote Utilities Secutiry authorization method which did not work.
It complains about a wrong password.
The Single Password does work.

Regards Bruce
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 26, 2020 2:58:10 pm EDT
Hi Bruce,

This is a known bug. It will be fixed in the upcoming Mac Viewer beta 3.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
cosmos, User (Posts: 76)
Apr 03, 2020 4:51:26 am EDT
Hello,

I'm sorry, I opened a new thread, before watching this one. Don't know

I'm testing the Linux viewer on LUbuntu. I was wondering, does the linux client have any functionality to encrypt the connections? This works just fine on pc, so I was wondering if it would be possible to have the same type of functionality on the Linux client.

If it does, can I just import the encrypted addressbook to the Linux viewer?
Apr 03, 2020 11:58:45 am EDT
Hi Cosmos,

Address book encrypted aren't supported on Mac and Linux platforms yet. We'll be adding that feature a bit later. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 9)
Apr 04, 2020 2:08:02 pm EDT
I don't need/want Linux/Mac client, but I'm excited it's happening. I can't wait till there a Linux host and/or server :-)
Apr 06, 2020 5:59:46 am EDT
Hi Nick,

We are working hard on delivering on this promise :) Thank you for your support.
Eric Vaughan, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 07, 2020 4:26:00 pm EDT
Does the Mac version support multiple monitors on the target computer (switching between monitors)? Or am I just not finding it in the UI?  Thanks!
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Apr 08, 2020 12:32:56 pm EDT
Hello Eric,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, multiple monitors support is not implemented in the Mac/Linux Viewer yet. However, we plan to implement it in future updates of the Viewer for Mac/Linux. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)