Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Glyn Williams, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 20, 2020 6:46:49 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi

I just got the message below on my Mac, it was inside the viewer.
Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux - 20 Apr 2020 06:40:22
I went for a free key, but then realised I shouldn't need one at the moment as it is a beta version. I think viewer is installed on the machine I am logged into, could it be that which caused the pop up?

Regards
Glyn
László Garzó, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 20, 2020 1:58:03 pm EDT
Hello Polina,

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

As Conrad has mentioned above, the RU Security authentication issue is a known bug and it will be fixed in the next beta version.
Could you please double-check if the  Single password authentication method  is enabled in the  Host settings , on the  Security  tab?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you for your reply.

I have created a screenshot of the host's Security | Authorization settings.

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux - 20 Apr 2020 01:51:15

As you can see, both "Single password" and "Remote Utilities security" are checked.

I have tested the Single password method on a Mac client and it does not accept the password. It works on Windows clients.

Thanks,

/L
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Apr 20, 2020 6:07:36 pm EDT
Hello Glyn,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you got the same warning message in the Viewer for Mac? If this is the case, then could you please provide us a screenshot of the warning message that appeared in Viewer for Mac?
Unfortunately, the screenshot provided above is from the Viewer for Windows.

In addition, please note, that there's no trial period in the Viewer for Mac/Linux as it is free until April 30, 2020.

Looking forward to your reply.
Apr 20, 2020 6:08:24 pm EDT
Hello László,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please also clarify what authentication method is currently set in the connection properties in the Viewer? In order to check this, please do the following:
1. Right-click on the connection record in the address book and select Properties.
2. Navigate to the Authorization tab and see if the Authorization method is set to Auto.
In case, if it is set to Auto (or RU Security) please try switching to the Single password and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
Glyn Williams, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 21, 2020 2:49:41 am EDT
Hi

I was using viewer for Mac at the time. However the message popped up inside the viewer window. The machine I was remotely logged into also has viewer installed.  So what I now think happened is that the message was on the remote machine, but I the time I didn't think to try and move it away from the viewer window on my Mac to check.

Glyn
Apr 21, 2020 4:03:12 pm EDT
Hello Glyn,

Thank you for the clarification.

If the warning window appeared inside the Full Control and View window while you were connected to a remote Host, then the warning window has definitely appeared on this remote machine and not in the Viewer for Mac itself.

In this case, you can obtain a Free license key using this free license key generator and simply register the Viewer on the remote machine following this tutorial.

Hope that helps.
László Garzó, User (Posts: 3)
Apr 23, 2020 9:45:55 am EDT
Hello Polina,

Polina Krasnoborceva wrote:

Could you please also clarify what authentication method is currently set in the connection properties in the Viewer? In order to check this, please do the following:
1. Right-click on the connection record in the address book and select  Properties .
2. Navigate to the  Authorization  tab and see if the  Authorization method  is set to  Auto .
In case, if it is set to Auto (or RU Security) please try switching to the  Single password  and see if this helps to resolve the issue.

I've managed to check the Authorization method and in fact setting it to "Single password" and providing the appropriate password helped. Sorry for that! But still I'd prefer using the RU security method if beta 3 arrives.

Thank you for your help!

/L
Apr 23, 2020 1:42:43 pm EDT
Hello László,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please note, that we also just released the 1.0.3.q Beta 3 version of Viewer for Mac/Linux with an implemented fix for the RU Security authentication method issue. Please try updating Viewer to the latest Beta 3 version and see if the issue persists.

The latest 1.0.3.q Beta 3 version of Viewer for Mac is available for the download here.

Let us know if you have more questions.
Apr 23, 2020 1:43:05 pm EDT
Hello Patricia and Bruce,

This is to inform you that we have released a newer version 1.0.3.q Beta 3 of Viewer for Mac and Linux with an implemented fix for the RU Security authentication method issue. Please try updating your Viewer to the latest Beta 3 version.

The latest 1.0.3.q Beta 3 version of Viewer is available for the download on our website:
For Mac
For Linux

Let us know if you have more questions.
Jess Fauchelle, User (Posts: 1)
Apr 30, 2020 4:11:08 am EDT
Hi there!  Interested to know if Beta 3 will be the last Beta version or will there be more?  I have a couple of people using Macs as their host computer - and just want to be prepared when we will require a licence to run them :)
Edited:Jess Fauchelle - Apr 30, 2020 4:13:35 am EDT

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)