Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Michal Zarzecki, User (Posts: 4)
May 14, 2020 10:04:51 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Having tested the current and previous version on Mac, I have noticed that the Viewer tends to crash pretty often Catalina 10.14.4.
To log back again I noticed I need to do it in three steps:
On the first attempt I will log in, but the Host's screen won't show. I will need to close the Viwer window.
On the second attempt, the Wheel of Death will eventually disappear, but there would be no connection with the screen again.
In the third one, it will work.

This is the pattern I've been experiencing since the installation of the new release.

Have anyone else observed this pattern?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 14, 2020 7:07:17 pm EDT
Hello Michal,

Thank you for your message.

We will thoroughly test this and try to reproduce the issue. Could you please let us know if you use Direct or Internet-ID connection and also what authentication method is used?

Looking forward to your reply.
Michael H., User (Posts: 3)
May 16, 2020 6:18:24 pm EDT
I have tested both Internet-ID and Direct Connection from the openSuse guest to the Windows 7 hosts using only Single Password Authorization.
May 18, 2020 2:41:43 pm EDT
Hello Michal,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please try updating your macOS to the latest Catalina 10.15.4 version, reinstall Viewer and see if the issue persists afterward?

In case if the issue persists even after updating the macOS version, please try running Viewer in Terminal via ./viewer.app command. When Viewer crashes, please copy the output text and send it to us to support@remoteutilities.com.

Looking forward to your reply.
May 18, 2020 2:42:26 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, my reply was intended for Michal Zarzecki. However, thank you for the provided details. We will thoroughly test this and try to reproduce the issue. We will get back to you once there are any updates on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Brad Mustin, User (Posts: 21)
Jun 01, 2020 6:46:46 pm EDT
Is this only for x86,x64?  Is there any plans to port to arm, so we can run this on Raspberry Pi?
Jun 02, 2020 10:37:31 am EDT
Hello Brad,

The Viewer is built for the 64-bit systems since it's also possible for the 64-bit systems to run applications built for the 32-bit systems. However, we might release a separate Viewer built for 32-bit based systems in the future.

As for the ARM architecture - it is already supported in the mobile version of Remote Utilities. We might additionally release a build for Windows on ARM sometime later. Unfortunately, there's no specific ETA on this yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
Giovanni Salvatore Pagotto, User (Posts: 8)
Jul 09, 2020 9:15:34 am EDT
Good morning,
I have a personal RU Server that I only access to clients and collaborators with endpoint licenses.
My new requirement is to connect a MAC Viewer to a Windows Host via the Ru Server.
Consider that soon I will have to do it on at least 3 other MACs.
I tried it in every way but it doesn't log in.
Can you give me some tips or will I have to use another remote system replacing all the system that I have activated?

Thanks in advance
Jul 09, 2020 12:00:34 pm EDT
Hello Giovanni,

Am I right in assuming that you're trying to connect to a remote Host using the Custom Server Security authentication method? If this is the case, then, unfortunately, address book sync and authentication (Custom Server Security) via RU Server are not supported in Viewer for Mac/Linux yet. Right now it's only possible to use Single password and RU Security authentication methods when connecting to a remote Host from Viewer for Mac/Linux. However, we will definitely implement these features in our subsequent beta version updates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For more information on features included in the most recent Beta version please see this post.

Hope that helps.
Klaus-Uwe Mitterer, User (Posts: 1)
Jul 25, 2020 8:10:57 am EDT
Hi,

We would like to evaluate Remote Utilities, but we have noticed that the Linux beta has expired. Do you plan to release a new version?

Thanks

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)