Community

MacOS 11 (BigSur) compatability

Links used in this discussion
Tim Curtis, User (Posts: 2)
Jul 30, 2020 5:12:02 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anone has tested the viewer on the beta's of BigSur.
I have beta 3 installed and note that the viewer hangs on load and never displays the main window.
I have to kill the process to recover.
Tried removing and re-installing Viewer but it exhibits the same behaviour.
Cheers
Enaran
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Jul 30, 2020 5:04:27 pm EDT
Hello Tim,

Thank you for your message.

We will test this out to see if we can reproduce the issue and get back to you with an update soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jul 31, 2020 3:27:15 pm EDT
Hello Tim,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. However, yesterday we have extended the free period and updated the beta files for the Mac/Linux Viewer. Could you please try downloading the updated version and see if the issue persists?
Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac is available for the download on this page.

Hope that helps.
Tim Curtis, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 06, 2020 3:45:00 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Thanks for checking it our Polina,
I tried the latest beta today on the the new BigSur Beta 4 and still had the same problem.
I first removed the old version, then installed the latest version of Viewer.
Unfortunately, the application starts and then hangs before displaying the connection window.
The tool bar is visable on the MAC OS toolbar, however when you hover the mouse over any of the menus the mouse turns to a spinning wait icon.
The only way to exit the app is to force close it.
If I am able to supply any diagnosits to you please feel free to ask.
Cheers
Aug 06, 2020 12:58:51 pm EDT
Hello Tim,

Thank you for your message.

I've checked with our developers once again - perhaps, the issue occurs specifically with this beta version release of the macOS. However, we will make sure to test the Viewer for Mac compatibility with the macOS beta version to see if there are any issues that we can fix in our subsequent updates.

Meanwhile, you might try running the Viewer from a stable macOS version (for example, Mojave or Catalina), if possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll get back to you if there are any updates on the issue.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)