Community

Color and CPU Usage

Links used in this discussion
April Pezzotta, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 23, 2020 10:06:22 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey there,

I'm wondering how I get the Color and CPU tab in my properties window? My colleagues can see it using Windows but I can't using my Mac. Is this a feature that isn't available on the Beta version?

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Files
Color and CPU Usage
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 23, 2020 4:02:37 pm EDT
Hello April,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the Beta version of the Mac/Linux Viewer has limited functionality and more features will be added at later stages. You can see the full list of currently implemented features as well as the features that are expected to be implemented in the nearest update on this page.
However, please note that the Color format and FPS limiting settings that are shown on the Color and CPU tab on Windows machines is displayed in the Quality tab in Viewer for Mac and Linux:
Color and CPU Usage  - 23 Sep 2020 04:02:11 Color and CPU Usage  - 23 Sep 2020 04:02:15

Please let us know if you have more questions.
April Pezzotta, User (Posts: 2)
Sep 24, 2020 4:43:52 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to know if I can change the CPU usage on a Mac? As you can see from the Windows screenshot you posted you can do 'low, normal, high, FPS'.

Thanks
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Sep 24, 2020 4:02:28 pm EDT
Hello April,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, right now there’s no direct switch to limit the CPU usage in Viewer for Mac.
However, please try enabling the Enable FPS limit checkbox and sel ect the preferred FPS value fr om the list - this would act in a similar way as if you would set the CPU usage switch to the FPS value and then selected the preferred FPS value in Viewer for Windows.

I’ll additionally forward this to our development team and ask them if there will be the same CPU usage limiting switch implemented in the future updates of the Viewer for Mac/Linux.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)