Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Michal Zarzecki, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 01, 2020 4:07:19 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi guys, are you still testing the Beta version? The last version has expired. Is Beta going to be released for another bit of time or you are releasing the final product?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 01, 2020 9:08:37 am EDT
Hello Michal,

Thank you for your message.

We've updated the Beta version of Viewer for Mac/Linux and extended the free license period until December 31, 2020. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In order to continue using Viewer for Mac, please re-download the updated Beta version with an extended license period from this page.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
ML, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 01, 2020 11:05:06 pm EDT
Hi guys,

Thanks for your work developing the Linux client. Not sure if this has already been reported, however some keyboard keys are not responsive in the client or stop working sporadically. E.g. control key, number pad

Cheers

ML
Oct 02, 2020 3:31:02 pm EDT
Hello,

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you please clarify what version of Linux do you use?

In addition, please let us know what version of Host is used? If it's version 6.10.10.0 or an earlier version - please try updating your Host to the latest 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) version as it contains a fix for a similar issue that was occurring in the 6.10.10.0 version when some keys (Enter, Ctrl, Shift, etc.) were sometimes not working on a remote machine, so this might help to resolve the issue. A full list of Release Notes is available here.
Version 6.12.2.0 (Beta 2) is available for the download on this page.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Vasilis Lourdas, User (Posts: 19)
Oct 02, 2020 4:28:44 pm EDT
Hi all,

I installed the latest 6.12.2.0 (b2) version of the host in my Windows 10 PC at work. Still the Linux native viewer is way much faster than the corresponding Windows version when running through Wine. But there are still issues with the keyboard, I still cannot put accents in the Greek vowel, which is a necessary feature for me. This is with the latest beta Linux binary (viewer1.0.5.b5.tar.gz).

@Polina, I've asked for ways to help you in that direction, is there anything from the developers in that respect?
Oct 02, 2020 5:18:52 pm EDT
Hello Vasilis,

Unfortunately, my reply was meant for user ML as he reported an issue with specific keys like Ctrl, Shift and etc. so this is why I asked them to update their Host to the latest Beta version - there was a similar issue in the earlier versions.

As for the updates on the issue with Greek accents - I'll check with our developers if there are any updates on this. However, please note, that reproducing this issue and implementing a fix for it might take some time. We hope that the fix will be available in the next update of the Beta version of Viewer for Mac/Linux, but unfortunately, we cannot provide any ETA on when this update is going to be released yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll get back to you if there are any updates on the issue.
ML, User (Posts: 2)
Oct 04, 2020 8:59:25 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

Running 6.10.10.0 on Windows on host and Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

The control button works on and off, but the numpad has never worked properly. I have tried with number lock on and off, holding down the shift button also.
Oct 05, 2020 5:55:18 pm EDT
Hello ML,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please try updating your remote Host to the latest 6.12 Beta 2 version and see if this helps to resolve the issue? We highly recommend that you try updating first as there was a similar issue fixed in this update, so it might resolve the issue you're encountering as well.
The 6.12 Beta 2 version is available for the download on this page.

Hope that helps.
Richard Stockton, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 08, 2020 12:18:18 pm EDT
Hi Polina,

I am having troubling viewing a Windows machine from a Mac running the latest Catalina OS.  The Mac sees the Windows host in online, but will not connect.  We just get a spinning circle on the Mac.  IF you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Attached Files
Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux
Oct 08, 2020 2:25:30 pm EDT
Hello Richard,

Could you please clarify if the issue occurs when connecting to only one specific remote Host or to multiple Hosts?

In addition, could you please clarify what version of Viewer for Mac is used? In case if you use version 1.0.4.q Beta 4 or an earlier Beta version, please note that their free license period has expired. In this case, please try updating to the most recent Beta version of Viewer for Mac - as of this writing it's a version 1.0.5.q Beta 5, it was released on October 1, 2020, and see if this helps to resolve the issue.
Version 1.0.5.q Beta 5 of Viewer for Mac is available for the download on this page.

Please let us know if you already use the latest version of Viewer for Mac or if the issue persists even after the update.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)