Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Feb 02, 2021 2:33:16 pm EST
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I'd forwarded the issues to our development department and asked for their review on the issues. I'll get back to you soon with their reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Feb 03, 2021 7:56:02 am EST
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I've checked with our developers - the issue with the Numpad keys will certainly be fixed in the next update of the Viewer Beta version for Mac/Linux.
As for the second issue with connecting to remote Hosts from Viewer on Ubuntu - we hope to be able to implement a fix for this in the next Beta version update as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
Aikatsu, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 08, 2021 11:38:43 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Sallian,

Any chance for release beta or edge version of viewer with below features linux? maybe remote utilities able to provide edge build personal download link.
- File transfer
- CMD

Because that is quite important for system admins to perform various tasks easy and save time.
Edited:Aikatsu - Feb 08, 2021 11:40:48 am EST
Nijel Terry, User (Posts: 55)
Feb 08, 2021 12:00:26 pm EST
I very much need remote clipboard functionality in the linux viewer. I hope this, along with CMD and file transfer will be coming along soon.
Feb 08, 2021 1:52:39 pm EST
Hello Nijel and Aikatsu,

Thank you for your messages.

We already have the File Transfer mode in our wish list for the Viewer for Mac/Linux, so hopefully, it will be available in the next release which we plan to release within this month.
As for the Terminal mode - this connection mode will be implemented in our future releases of Viewer for Mac/Linux. However, I'll additionally forward this to our development department for a review.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
ChrisBS, User (Posts: 5)
Feb 18, 2021 7:07:59 pm EST
Just started trying the Mac Beta. Haver Host and Server set up on Windoze 2012 R2, which was totally easy. The Mac Viewer has frequent disconnects. The other issue is after a restart of the Windoze box, the Mac viewer will connect, but the window stays blank and won't connect. It seems not until I log in on the Windoze box will it work.

Is there anyone else having these issues?

Does Mac Printing work ok?
Feb 18, 2021 7:10:06 pm EST
Also needing Host for Mac right away of course.
Edited:ChrisBS - Feb 18, 2021 7:11:40 pm EST
Feb 19, 2021 5:42:40 am EST
This seems like more of an Alpha. I frequently can't connect, where a small white window sits for a long time. Even go to a large white screen and have the same issue. I've only dabbled with it a few times and It is hang city.

Then I connect, and the keyboard on my VM on the host is way screwed up, yet not on the Host. I connect with another remote control app, and no problem at all.
Edited:ChrisBS - Feb 19, 2021 5:44:36 am EST
Sam Pinches, User (Posts: 3)
Feb 19, 2021 6:42:33 am EST
  • I've seen quite a few hangs, which I didn't realise wasn't actually normal until I used the windows version more frequently.
  • Sometimes connecting seems slow.
  • Sometimes it is frustrating to see my machine bookmark disappears -- I think the main window is acting on a delete key command unintentionally why the session is in progress perhaps?
  • In most cases, disconnecting and reconnecting fixes glitches -- I think I saw the fully blank window a couple of times.
Daniel Brown, User (Posts: 6)
Feb 19, 2021 8:49:13 am EST
I am using the Windows versions mainly, but the Linux Viewer on my main laptop.  An issue I have with all versions is with screens which are rotated.  The Viewer does not take screen rotation into account.  One of the PCs I need to be able to remotely control has 4x 1080x1920 screens on it.  The Viewer shows my 4x 1080x1080 screens with the mouse off by 90 degrees in the window.
Is there just a setting I need to set somewhere that I missed?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)