Community

Beta testing: Remote Utilities for macOS/Linux

Links used in this discussion
Michael Norman, User (Posts: 12)
May 25, 2021 12:20:18 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I encountered this yesterday on 11.3.

I just updated to Big Sur 11.4, same issue.
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
May 25, 2021 4:57:49 pm EDT
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please double-check if you have the Disable clipboard transfer checkbox enabled in the Host Settings -> Other tab? In addition, could you please let me know if the issue occurs if you connect from Viewer for Windows or Linux and try reproducing it?

Looking forward to your reply.
magicf, User (Posts: 14)
May 29, 2021 2:28:32 pm EDT
Hi.
Linux viewer 1.0.8.q beta 8 onto Xubuntu 20.04LTS.
Very limited functionality. Only connect to remote PC. All the other functions which works in Win version is missing. I hope will be included soon especially the remote agent configurator.
It hangs and close itself and the remote connection windows very often without any notice. I would say I have to restart in every 10-15 minutes. if you let me know where is the log file then I can attach it to do further investigation.
Thanks for the long waited Linux version.
May 31, 2021 11:54:21 am EDT
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately, for now, Viewer for Linux/Mac is only available in the Beta version and, therefore, has somewhat limited functionality. You can find the full list of currently supported features on this page, in the very first message. More features that are already available in Viewer for Windows will be added in future updates as well.

As for the frequent crashes of Viewer - could you please try removing (or temporarily moving to another directory) the following files and see if this helps to resolve the issue?
1. libxcb*
2. libxkbcommon*

magicf, User (Posts: 14)
May 31, 2021 12:52:30 pm EDT

Polina wrote:

Hello,

Yes, unfortunately, for now, Viewer for Linux/Mac is only available in the Beta version and, therefore, has somewhat limited functionality. You can find the full list of currently supported features on this page, in the very first message. More features that are already available in Viewer for Windows will be added in future updates as well.

As for the frequent crashes of Viewer - could you please try removing (or temporarily moving to another directory) the following files and see if this helps to resolve the issue?
1.  libxcb*
2.  libxkbcommon*

Hi.
There are many libxcb* and libxkbcommon* files exist in different folders used by different applications. Which ones should I delete/move from the 353 pcs of libxcb*?
Would you be more specific?

Thank you
May 31, 2021 5:45:24 pm EDT
Hello,

I've forwarded the issue to our development department and asked for their input on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll get back to you with an update from our developers on this shortly.
Roger Sijstermans, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 01, 2021 6:03:08 am EDT
Hello,

I just started testing 2 days ago with the Mac version. Which looked very good but today the beta expired. Do you have any news when the new Beta will be ready?

Regards,

Roger
Stephen Allen, User (Posts: 1)
Jun 01, 2021 6:37:30 am EDT
OK, so it's June 1st, and the Beta has expired, I can no longer use it (which isn't great), where do I go from here?

Does that mean I can't use it anymore?

Certainly don't seem to be able to apply the license key I have.

Thanks
Luis Duran, User (Posts: 2)
Jun 01, 2021 9:13:18 am EDT
Any eta on updating the Mac Beta version?

Seems to have expired today. Thanks
Jun 01, 2021 9:34:38 am EDT
Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that we will release an updated Beta version of Viewer for Mac/Linux today. We apologize for the delay and caused inconvenience.

We'll make sure to notify everyone in this thread once again as soon as the updated Viewer for Mac/Linux is available for download.

Thank you for your patience.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)