Community

mac os viewer and agent

Links used in this discussion
giuseppe sciarra, User (Posts: 7)
Oct 28, 2019 7:34:23 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
is there any eta or project to create the viewer and agent for mac os?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 28, 2019 2:06:52 pm EDT
Hello Giuseppe,

Thank you for your message.

Of course, Agent and Viewer for Mac are already in development. The release of Agent/Host for Mac will follow the Viewer for Mac which we hope to release by the end of the year. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any specific ETA yet.

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Brandon Gibbon, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 10, 2020 10:16:20 am EDT
Any update to this? My customer base is going to Mac. Looking to see if there will be a release or should i look at a different software.
Sep 10, 2020 10:59:28 am EDT
Hello Brandon,

Actually, we have already released a Beta version of Viewer for Mac. As of this writing, it's version 1.0.4.q Beta 4 which is available for the download on this page.
Here's a list of features that are already available in the most recent Beta version of Viewer for Mac and a thread where our users can provide your feedback or bug reports: https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/forums/forum11/1399-viewer-for-mac-and-linux-_-beta-testing

As for the Host/Agent for Mac/Linux - we plan to release it this year, but, unfortunately, we cannot provide a more specific ETA on it yet. Hopefully, we will be able to release the first beta in a few months.
However, we will make sure to notify all our users when Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is released. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Please let us know if you have more questions.
NEEL PATEL, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 22, 2021 10:30:36 am EST
Support level: Starter
I have brought 3 starter licenses. 2 of them are installed in windows platform for viewer and host but third I want viewer on mac and host on windows which is already installed. What Needs to be done Pls. advice if the same key for third installation can be done on mac book pro.

Thank you,
Nov 22, 2021 10:46:17 am EST
Hello Neel,

Please note that your license key is not restricted to a specific workstation even if it's a 1-tech license key. For example, you can register two Viewers on different machines if you plan to use them one at a time, so yes you can use the same license key to register Viewers on Windows and Mac as long as these Viewers are not used simultaneously. For more information please see this page.
Here's also a guide on registering Remote Utilities just in case if it might be useful.

Asaf Tevet, User (Posts: 19)
Aug 25, 2022 4:36:46 am EDT
Hi guys,

any update on a release date for a MAC host? it's been in dev for a couple of years already but nobody will give us any real update. I hate that I have to pay for additional software just to service my MAC clients....
Aug 25, 2022 5:57:49 pm EDT
Hello Asaf,

We're sorry for keeping everyone waiting for so long. Unfortunately, Host/Agent for Mac/Linux is still in the development, so there's no specific ETA that we can provide on its release (since we don't want to make empty promises). It's currently our biggest priority and we hope to be able to release it within this year. Sorry for the inconvenience.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)