New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Video streaming speed

Links used in this discussion
D L, User (Posts: 12)
Oct 07, 2022 6:28:22 am EDT
Support level: Starter
Is there work being done to speed up the video streaming, or add settings related to the quality of the transmission (what is there now , gives little possibility). I think  [censored] and TV does much better. :/
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Oct 07, 2022 3:01:10 pm EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that overall connection speed and performance is only as good as the slowest network segment between Viewer and Host. In case if you’re experiencing performance issues please try the solutions listed on this KB page and see if any of them help to improve the connection performance. Last but not least, please also try switching to Direct connection if possible, since it’s always faster than the Internet-ID connection.

Hope that helps.
TONY LARIOS, User (Posts: 4)
Oct 22, 2022 10:37:18 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial

Pauline wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that overall connection speed and performance is only as good as the slowest network segment between Viewer and Host. In case if you’re experiencing performance issues please try the solutions listed on this KB page and see if any of them help to improve the connection performance. Last but not least, please also try switching to Direct connection if possible, since it’s always faster than the Internet-ID connection.

Hope that helps.

To confirm this you can do a speed test on the remote computer as well and look at the upload speed. The target computer's upload is your download and vice-versa. I was having the same issue with my target computer and the speed test showed 4 Mbit upload. So in this case the best thing you can do is lower the FPS.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)