Community

Chromebook

David Tapley, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 25, 2014 1:02:03 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi guys,

Do you have any plans for a chromebook viewer ?   The product look excellent so far but I've struggled a bit on the andriod phone viewer and it would be cool to be able to use a chromebook to remote access* while travelling.

*For that matter it would give a really nice solution to be able to use my chromebook at home on the basis that I can't get the thing to connect meaningfully to my LAN, which could be done via a host.

Cheers

David
Edited:David Tapley - Nov 25, 2014 1:02:18 pm EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Nov 25, 2014 1:09:17 pm EST
Hello David,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We'll definitely take a closer look at Chromebook support. Seems like Chromebooks  are getting quite popular  
David Tapley, User (Posts: 2)
Nov 25, 2014 1:21:30 pm EST

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Hello David,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We'll definitely take a closer look at Chromebook support. Seems like Chromebooks  are getting quite popular  

Thanks for the quick response. Always a good sign
Reffie Foy, User (Posts: 1)
Aug 03, 2016 9:05:35 pm EDT
Great to see that a Chromebook Viewer is available, how about a host app in google play? I have a customer who is converting 18 office's to chromebooks, and I would like to provide remote support to their Chromebooks from my Windows Machine.

Reff
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Aug 04, 2016 12:09:50 pm EDT
Hello Reffie,

I'm sorry but you have probably mistaken Remote Utilities with something else. There is no Chrombook support as of yet. But we'll see if we can add one in the future.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Bobby S.D., User (Posts: 6)
Mar 23, 2017 11:54:27 am EDT
We need Chromebook Support ASAP or at least a web utility where you can login online...
Mar 24, 2017 3:52:04 am EDT
Hello Bobby,

Thank you for your message.

I'm not sure we have any plans regarding the Chromebook support. As for web client, this has been on our wish list since recently. We'll see what we can do.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Mar 24, 2017 10:41:29 am EDT
Yeah I could see that since Chrome OS uses web extensions and not necessarily apps. A web client would be perfectly fine!

Let me know if there is a timeline for this.

Thanks!
Mar 24, 2017 10:43:16 am EDT
Hello Bobby

Although a web client is not among our immediate priorities, still more and more users are asking us about it. Unfortunately, there is no specific ETA for now.
Mar 24, 2017 10:46:50 am EDT
That is surprising as this would be the best for compatibility across all devices/OS.

What direction are you headed and what are the priorities for now if I may ask?

Most applications are going cloud/web-based as it is easier to maintain, update, and fix.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)