Community

Viewer Improvements

Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)
Jan 25, 2015 4:34:00 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Be nice to see more information on the viewer.
( These features is a MUST for me as im managing over 60 PC's )
Im using multiple Remote apps because each one has +++ features than others and vice versa )
Be nice to get all into one.

Mouse over feature on Thumbnail view to see Firewall status/Update status/User that is logged in/Version of windows installed/last PC Restart Time.

Broadcast a single message to all Connected PC'S or grouped PC's, have it displayed as a Windows message, not a chat message ( maybe a number of seconds to show message)

Obviously the blank user screen and have the HTML page show while screen is blanked is awesome and still have capture alpha blending.

Save notes to PC.

User end to press keys (ex: ctrl + H for help )  and it alert viewer that this PC needs help. Have a special group at the top to display that PC and be able to connect to it.

These features I would just pay for lol but like i said i use 3 different remoe access programs because each give great feautes i need. Be nice to use just 1

I know some features have been talked about... but giving another refresher so not forgotten.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 25, 2015 5:39:38 pm EST
Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the suggestions. My comments are below.

Mouse over feature on Thumbnail view to see Firewall status/Update status/User that is logged in/Version of windows installed/last PC Restart Time.

We are planning to add this at some point in the future, albeit not as a mouse-over, but a panel/pane in its own right that you could turn on and off in the Viewer.

Broadcast a single message to all Connected PC'S or grouped PC's, have it displayed as a Windows message, not a chat message ( maybe a number of seconds to show message)

Broadcast message is already implemented. Just select multiple records and use the "Send message" connection mode.

Obviously the blank user screen and have the HTML page show while screen is blanked is awesome and still have capture alpha blending.

The blank screen mechanism will be re-written very soon.

Save notes to PC.

This is already available. See connection Properties -> Additional Properties -> Comment.

User end to press keys (ex: ctrl + H for help ) and it alert viewer that this PC needs help. Have a special group at the top to display that PC and be able to connect to it.

This is a part of a broader issue of the remote user having the ability to "call back" the technician. Due to the program's "decentralized" nature (there is no central web server) and also the fact that there may be many admins/technicians /users who can remotely connect to a certain PC it's not clear yet how specifically this feature should be implemented. We will give it a careful thought first.

These features I would just pay for lol but like i said i use 3 different remoe access programs because each give great feautes i need. Be nice to use just 1

Nothing bad about using multiple tools    After all, in a mission-critical environment and/or when a remote PC is many miles away it's better to duplicate remote access with different tools, just in case.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)