New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Keep screen saver from kicking in/locking

John Durrence, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 09, 2015 12:11:23 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
We use a domain policy that locks a computer when the screensaver kicks on at 5 minutes for security purposes.  I sometimes use caffeine if I know that I'm going to be on a machine a while (but multi tasking so that I'm not using it sometimes for the 5 minutes).  It would be an awesome feature to be able to activate per connection so that while I was on a computer it would keep the computer from locking.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 09, 2015 1:37:22 pm EDT
Hello John,

Thank you for your message.

Am I right thinking that you suggest adding a feature that does what caffeine is doing - emulating a key hit every once in a while to keep computer from being locked?
John Durrence, User (Posts: 5)
Apr 09, 2015 2:22:34 pm EDT
That is correct.
Apr 09, 2015 3:12:20 pm EDT
Then I will add this to our wish list  
Angus Scott-Fleming, User (Posts: 11)
Jun 12, 2015 8:13:33 pm EDT
Add my vote for this ...
Jun 13, 2015 3:29:42 pm EDT
Thanks!

Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:
Add my vote for this ...

Thanks!
Jim Cain, User (Posts: 4)
Dec 29, 2015 12:18:49 pm EST
Add my vote FOR this also. There are periods where I am not using the Host computer but I do not want the lock screen to activate with non use. I use other remote programs and no matter how long I have a Host computer minimized, when I focus back on it, the Host screen is right where I left it.

I am new to Remote Utilities and am currently evaluating it for further use. So far I am very impressed. It just needs some minor tweaks.
Jan 02, 2016 2:51:37 am EST
Hi Jim,

Thank you. Noted.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)