FR: Linux, Mac - Host

Links used in this discussion
iampedro, User (Posts: 38)
Jul 22, 2015 8:33:16 am EDT
It would be nice if you had Linux & Mac angents
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jul 22, 2015 8:56:47 am EDT
Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, Mac is in our middle-term plans. As for Linux, it has a lower priority but perhaps someday.
iampedro, User (Posts: 38)
Jul 22, 2015 3:50:27 pm EDT
Conrad,

When you say middle term plans what time frame does that mean?
Jul 22, 2015 5:34:33 pm EDT

iampedro wrote:

When you say middle term plans what time frame does that mean?

It means within a year.
Stephen Hodson, User (Posts: 1)
Feb 19, 2016 3:53:53 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi we are just starting to use RU and really could use the ability to control MAC's as we have many clients using them now and it seems to be growing....

A more accurate time line would help us to decide on further investment in RU

Regards
Steve
Feb 19, 2016 9:14:45 am EST
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your comment. Well, we would be happy to have you among our customers, but we won't be giving any empty promises just to win a customer Frankly speaking, there's no ETA for Mac Host because there are quite a few more pressing priorities before that.

Hope you understand.
Andreas Goschler, User (Posts: 2)
Apr 25, 2016 7:56:19 am EDT
I also need to control some Macs.
Nils Hepburn, User (Posts: 1)
May 18, 2016 7:15:17 am EDT
Same goes for me. Is there a more accurate time available? within 6 months, a year, etc? Then I can account for it and purchase RU knowing that there will be a Mac version sometime.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 19, 2016 6:10:22 am EDT
Hello Nils,

Thank you for your commitment. But however we are interested in more sales, we cannot give promises that might not fulfill due to any unexpected delays or circumstances. We can only say that we are planning to implement a certain feature possibly within a certain time frame, but cannot give more exact information. Sorry for that.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Mike De Arman, User (Posts: 6)
Jul 12, 2016 9:02:30 am EDT
RU should get somebody that isn't a smart*ss to respond to these posts/questions. The tone is unprofessional, cringe-worthy, and a complete turn off to anyone that would be serious about spending several thousand dollars on software. I would not tolerate this from any kind of tech support I would be working with as a customer.

No Mac client is a non-starter for anyone serious about using this software as an MSP. If RU is serious about becoming mainstream, it needs buy-in from the MSP market segment. Telling us that a Mac client is "not important", goes a long way to demonstrate how out of touch this company is with the demands of consumers in a large market segment.

Don't bother to delete this, I plan to send a copy to the CEO via email anyway- hopefully it's not the person responding here.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)