Community

Chromebook

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2991)
Mar 24, 2017 10:50:35 am EDT
Currently, we have two big priorities - an improved mobile client and Mac support.
Benny Tucker, User (Posts: 32)
Mar 24, 2017 11:51:17 am EDT
I am all for cloud/web based infrastructure, IF the price of the software doesn't skyrocket !!
I left LMI because they became greedy. Went to RealVNC with paid subscriptions for the last few years. Now they have gone to cloud based, and the price is suddenly 10 times more than the old platform, they got greedy also !! Just hoping the same thing doesn't happen with Remote Utilities. I really like how RU works.
Mar 24, 2017 2:04:58 pm EDT
Hi Benny,

I can assure you that we are not greedy :) It's only that we cannot always implement all that we (and our customers) want as fast as we would like to. That's software development - it always takes more time than initially planned.
Benny Tucker, User (Posts: 32)
Mar 24, 2017 3:17:19 pm EDT

Conrad wrote:

I can assure you that we are not greedy :) It's only that we cannot always implement all that we (and our customers) want as fast as we would like to. That's software development - it always takes more time than initially planned.

Thanks Conrad; You have a fine product, and the price it great !!!
iampedro, User (Posts: 38)
Sep 26, 2017 11:21:44 am EDT
I would also like to add this on the road map which would just be an enhanced android app since that is really what chromebooks are using :).
Brian O'Neill, User (Posts: 4)
Sep 15, 2018 3:18:01 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Consider this a post requesting Chromebook app or web access which would work on a Chromebook.
Sep 17, 2018 2:27:54 pm EDT
Thanks, Brian. Noted.
Bobby S.D., User (Posts: 6)
Sep 17, 2018 2:33:20 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hey Guys,

I solved this...so we can considered this topic closed. Well not me, but you can now use Remote Utilities on Chromebooks thanks to Google. You can now install most Android apps on Chromebooks with the current version. I am currently using Remote Utilities and it works well. Thanks Remote Utilities techs, but looks like Google solved this problem for you!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)