Community

Easier Callback Option on Agent

Links used in this discussion
Cristian Braun, User (Posts: 32)
May 10, 2018 9:38:04 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi!
I was thinking maybe it would be useful for a better and faster remote assistance, to include a rapid callback connect button in the Agent window.
Something like this:
Easier Callback Option on Agent - 10 May 2018 09:35:13
(quick Paint edition)
Maybe even could popup a little window that allows you to  modify the text message..
That way people could just open the agent, and click on my connection and i would be assisting them just like that.

What do you think? I mean, its just the same windows and options that already exist, just all together in a new menu, it should be easy to do right?

I hope you can do it :D

Thanks, bye!
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 11, 2018 9:16:37 am EDT
Hello Cristian,

Do you mean some sort of "pinging" a remote assistant (admin) from the remote user side?
Cristian Braun, User (Posts: 32)
May 11, 2018 11:39:16 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Mmmmm not pinging, but actually do the callback connection.
The user press on "connection 1" (that it me) and I get the callback connection popup on my viewer
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 11, 2018 3:07:22 pm EDT
Hi Cristian,

I see. You mean "forced callback", whereas the regular callback (reverse) connection uses interval-based algorithm.

Actually, the callback connection became less important ever since we have introduced Internet-ID. If the remote user runs the Agent the tech/admin will immediately see that the Agent went online (provided its ID is added to their address book).

Notifying (calling) the tech/admin is another thing though. For example, the remote user may want to ask the tech for assistance and need some sort of an S.O.S button. We do have such suggestion on our wishlist and will probably add at some point in the future.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)