Community

FR: Linux, Mac - Host

Links used in this discussion
Robert Koganov, User (Posts: 1)
Sep 10, 2018 7:19:03 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
"No ETA for Mac agent/host yet. As for Mac Viewer, we are going to introduce the first beta this year, if all goes as planned."

Due to the nature of MacOS and iOS the lack of a agent/host does not surprise me, that said two of your competitors already have this support as well as a linux version.

Now since I am primarily a windows support tech the only item that I would like to see added is linux support (mainly since I want to continue to use my pi3 for remote wake on lan for my home system when I am not home) especially in the wake of the antics of one of the competitors as of late that has made me be weary of certain license limitations and the way in which they are worded since they essentially just cut me off at the knee with it, which is one reason I chose your software due in part to the only limitation of the free license being that of 10 machines per address book.

I am hoping that you add this support sooner rather than later.
Mac Wilson, User (Posts: 10)
Sep 10, 2018 7:25:53 pm EDT
I honestly couldnt care less about a Mac/Linux client. As an actual IT admin I have windows machines lying about why support tinkerers using macs.  I dont understand why its even on the agenda.  My customers however use whatever they can get their hands on so they need agents installed I dont have a choice.  Even if its just basic functions that allow me to use a keyboard an mouse would be a blessing.
Edited:Mac Wilson - Sep 10, 2018 7:27:33 pm EDT
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 9)
Sep 27, 2018 3:05:44 pm EDT
Can't wait till a linux host is in. How I would like to work is like RDP on Windows where it just create a tunnel and then it allows us to launch our own program. Putty or Kitty are great programs for this purpose and they can be launched from CMD.
ThomasP, User (Posts: 22)
Oct 26, 2018 7:42:29 am EDT
We are waiting for MAC Viewer/Host too... since 2/3 years :-(
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 26, 2018 10:14:49 am EDT
I am sorry that we keep you waiting but I assure you that we will do our best to release at least the Viewer quite soon.

Thank you for your patience.
James McLeskey, User (Posts: 1)
Oct 31, 2018 11:55:58 am EDT
Dose anyone have any time line when viewer will be available for Mac computers I have it on my iPad and Windows PC at my office works well would like to get it on my home Mac as I work from home a lot.
Conrad, Support (Posts: 2987)
Oct 31, 2018 12:53:37 pm EDT
Hello James,

Viewer for Mac, new mobile client for iOS/Android (with full fledged address book) as well as [possibly] Viewer for Linux will see the light at the same time since they are based on the same code framework. This is something we are already working on. I cannot give any ETA , unfortunately.

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.
ChrisBS, User (Posts: 5)
Jan 10, 2019 6:54:11 pm EST
Can I see the Mac Beta now? I am interested in your software/service as it isn't based in gouging, yet need Mac host and viewer to make it truly useful to me.

And I appreciate no more promises, as even mentioning it for years and not delivering does not reflect well on your company.

Thanks
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 11, 2019 9:39:46 am EST
Hello Chris,

Believe me, when we have the Mac beta ready for public release we won't delay it one day :) Mac version is indeed what we are currently working on now, this is the highest and current priority now that we have finished with 6.9/6.10 release with its significant revamp of the authorization system (it was a necessary improvement, no less important than Mac support).
Mac Wilson, User (Posts: 10)
Jan 11, 2019 4:35:36 pm EST
Nice one really looking forward to the Mac host will change everything.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)