New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Pop-Out Monitor

Links used in this discussion
Coffmans, User (Posts: 10)
Aug 28, 2013 11:23:05 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I have been using multiple monitors for as long as I can remember (13+ years). And one of the best features that I have seen for multiple monitors is TeamViewers ability to "pop-out" a monitor. It would be great to see such a feature in Remote Utilities, where I could have two RU windows up at the same time, each displaying the specific monitor. In my case, I have three monitors so I would have three RU Viewer windows open.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Aug 29, 2013 8:49:30 am EDT
Hello Shawn,

Create two identical remote connections (to the same PC, that is). Open them in Full Control or View mode, and you will have two tabs connected to the same PC and same entire desktop. Then switch to the first monitor on the first tab, and to the second monitor on the second tab. Each tab then will be connected to its own monitor on the same remote PC.

You can also detach the tabs from the mother window if that what you mean by "pop-outness". To do that, open the View Options -> Remote Screen -> and uncheck Tabbed View.

Hope that helps.
Aug 29, 2013 8:55:36 am EDT
The monitor toggle icon is on the toolbar
Coffmans, User (Posts: 10)
Sep 18, 2013 7:58:16 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
My apology for the late reply. I was using the monitor toggle to navigate between my monitors. At times, it would become a bit of hassle swapping back and forth.

I followed your suggestion of unchecking tab view and I was able to launch 2 connections. Each connection is now pointing to a different monitor. It is a little clunky but it does work.

Now my request would be an option to have it done automatically.  
Edited:Coffmans - Sep 18, 2013 7:58:54 pm EDT
Sep 19, 2013 6:56:21 am EDT

I followed your suggestion of unchecking tab view and I was able to launch 2 connections. Each connection is now pointing to a different monitor. It is a little clunky but it does work.

You can launch two connections even if you do not uncheck tab view. In this case one remote connection will open in two different tabs.

Now my request would be an option to have it done automatically.

You mean opening a specific monitor right away?

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)