Community

FR: Linux, Mac - Host

Links used in this discussion
Scotty Hughes Jr., User (Posts: 5)
Jan 23, 2019 10:06:11 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
The quicker the macOS host is released the happier I will be. I'm not too concern with the viewer as I'm a windows guy. But the host would help greatly in my environment to control some of our macOS machines. Running a non-profit by myself this software  has been fantastic.
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 9)
Jan 23, 2019 1:05:55 pm EST
Once a Linux host is available this will become the perfect software. It would be nice to have a Linux server, but I'm cool with the server on Windows.
Javier Lust, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 09, 2019 8:22:05 am EST
Any ETA yet of the Linux Viewer?
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Mar 10, 2019 3:35:25 am EDT
Hello Javier,

Thank you for your message.

Mac/Linux Viewer is in development but we cannot provide an ETA yet.
Rob Barrett, User (Posts: 92)
Mar 29, 2019 8:52:01 am EDT
Any ETA for the IOS host?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2830)
Mar 29, 2019 10:17:43 am EDT
Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.

We plan to release the Host for mobile devices in the future, but unfortunately, we cannot give you any ETA.

Do not hesitate to ask me if you have other questions.
Richard lilley, User (Posts: 4)
Apr 04, 2019 7:55:09 pm EDT
Hi,

Just a few questions.

Is a MacOS client currently being developed? (I don't want eta just if it is currently being developed)

Is there anything we (as customers) can do to get the MacOS Client quicker? (As it is one of the only downsides of this software)

Is there anyway we can develop our own MacOS client?

I know there is no eta but we have been waiting ~4 years for the MacOS client, are we going to wait 4 more years?
Nick Leffler, User (Posts: 9)
Apr 04, 2019 8:03:52 pm EDT
Unfortunately there's no way to get anything quicker. I already tried to see if they'd let me help with the linux host, but that's ultimately what I want.
magicf, User (Posts: 14)
Apr 05, 2019 2:38:55 am EDT
Years over years. Many requests fro Mac and Linux host and viewer.
I feel that they never planned to release such versions.
I know that the Linux ecosystem is very small (and even the Mac as well) compared to Windows but there is needs for that.
I manage dozens of Linux clients from a Linux client.  [censored] is cutting my budget as they changed to yearly subscription with high price.
Even now, after TV has a yearly subscription, RU could be the No1 competitor if there would be Linux&Mac version.
Com'on guys! You're not able to prove us with the first sentence on your Money back guarantee page:
"We strive to provide the best remote desktop software, and your satisfaction is important to us."
No it's not true.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Apr 05, 2019 11:53:49 am EDT
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your questions.

Is a MacOS client currently being developed? (I don't want eta just if it is currently being developed)

Yes, this is what we are currently working on.

Is there anything we (as customers) can do to get the MacOS Client quicker? (As it is one of the only downsides of this software)

Unfortunately, no.  

Is there anyway we can develop our own MacOS client?

Sorry, but there is no way for that either. We do not accept third party code and even volunteer language translations.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)