New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Custom Server Security

Edmond So, User (Posts: 2)
May 03, 2019 1:12:13 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Would it be possible to have the following  two features for Custom Server Security?

1. Allow users signed in to a self-hosted server to change their own password.  Currently, only the admin of the self-hosted server can do this.

2. Integrate Active Directory with Self-Hosted Server.  I.e., instead of having to creating and manage a separate list of users and passwords in the RU server, pull in users from AD, and use AD to do the authentication.  Although we can choose Windows security/AD authentication in Host settings, we need to do this separately on every host, and the host itself has to be part of the domain.  It would be nice if the central management of the self-hosted server can be combined with AD authentication.

We have been using the free version, but are looking to upgrade to the paid versions.  The above features would certainly be helpful for us in managing users.

Thanks!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 03, 2019 4:25:20 pm EDT
Hello Edmond,

Thank you for your message.

1. I forwarded your suggestion to our developers for review.

2. This has been already in our future plans for the self-hosted server.
ewyso, User (Posts: 2)
May 06, 2019 10:52:04 am EDT
Support level: Free or trial
Hi Conrad

Thanks for quick reply.

When is 2 being scheduled for release?

Thanks.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
May 06, 2019 11:30:27 am EDT
Hello Edmond,

For now we cannot provide any ETAs yet, but I can only say that this feature is among high priority features for the self-hosted server .

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)