New Beta Release! Experience the latest features in our new beta version. Join the beta testing now!

Community

Generic tunnel capability?

Aaron Levinson, User (Posts: 9)
Mar 06, 2016 7:54:15 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
Hi,

Does Remote Utilities provide a generic tunnel capability in order to use network services on the remote host?  I know a tunnel of sorts is provided in the form of RDP support, but I'd like to know if this facility is available for any TCP/UDP port number.  For example, if I wanted to connect to a Web server hosted on the remote host over the Internet, and I connect to the remote host using its Internet ID, is it possible to setup a tunnel using the Viewer program to do this?  If not, it would be great if such a feature could be added.

Thanks,
AaronL
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Mar 07, 2016 9:22:40 am EST
Hello Aaron,

The tunneling capabilities are only for RDP. But I will add this suggestion to our wish list.

Thank you.
ipanic, User (Posts: 6)
Jun 07, 2019 3:51:52 am EDT
Hi there,

sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but we need this very important feature also!

Multible port forwarding (TCP/UDP - Local and Remote like SSH/Putty) and a save / load profile function for a easy activation  would be also very nice!

Thank you!
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jun 07, 2019 12:09:39 pm EDT

ipanic wrote:

Hi there,

sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but we need this very important feature also!

Multible port forwarding (TCP/UDP - Local and Remote like SSH/Putty) and a save / load profile function for a easy activation  would be also very nice!

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

While not in our immediate plans this feature is still on our road map. We will do our best to implement it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)