Community

Keyboard assignments

Links used in this discussion
Michael Weiner, User (Posts: 2)
Jan 23, 2014 7:32:14 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
Enable a customizable key to toggle between "full control" and "view only" modes.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Jan 23, 2014 8:50:21 am EST
Hello Michael,

Thank you for our suggestion. We will add that to our wish list.  
Chris Severance, User (Posts: 1)
Mar 05, 2014 5:32:40 pm EST
When implementing, be sure that when Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Whatever makes control go readonly that the control alt and shift keys aren't held down permanently down on the host. If the host gets the keydowns, it must get the keyups after control is readonly.

Optimally the server would never see the keydowns just as would happen when the mouse disables control but that may be impractical.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2991)
Mar 06, 2014 3:58:10 am EST
Hi Chris,

When implementing, be sure that when Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Whatever makes control go readonly that the control alt and shift keys aren't held down permanently down on the host. If the host gets the keydowns, it must get the keyups after control is readonly.

That makes sense. Thanks.
Thomas Vedel, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 20, 2019 8:26:54 am EDT
Do you have any time frame for making it possible to customize keyboard assignments?
I have a high need to modify the F12 shortcut to "something else".
Edited:Thomas Vedel - Aug 20, 2019 8:28:54 am EDT
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2832)
Aug 20, 2019 12:27:05 pm EDT
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your message.

You already can customize keyboard shortcuts. To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Open the main Viewer window and navigate to the tab Tools on the ribbon toolbar. Select Options.
2. In the Options window switch to the Hotkeys tab.
3. Assign your custom hotkey for the Change view mode hotkey instead of the F12:
Keyboard assignments - 20 Aug 2019 12:26:24

Hope that helps.
Thomas Vedel, User (Posts: 2)
Aug 21, 2019 3:23:53 am EDT
Hello Polina,

That was exactly what I looked for :)

-- Thomas
Aug 21, 2019 9:08:02 am EDT
Hello Thomas,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please do not hesitate to post another message if you have more questions.
David Hester, Guest
Aug 22, 2019 9:16:05 am EDT
I have the latest version of RU viewer and host.  When I log into my computer my keyboard keys do not work.  I cannot use the @ sign.  I cannot use the shift key to cap my letters.  I have to actually turn on the CAPS lock, type a capital letter and turn it back off.  Most of the other keys work fine.  I've changed the batteries in my wireless keyboard- no luck.  It's something within WIN7 itself that does not like RU keyboard inputs.

Read article here about putting RU in legacy keyboard mode.  I don't see that "legacy" mode in this version but what I do see is keyboard Scan Code Input (default) and Unicode Input.  Neither option fixed the problem...

Any other ideas?
THX
Edited:David Hester - Aug 22, 2019 9:17:30 am EDT
Aug 22, 2019 3:05:10 pm EDT
Hello David,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if there are any utility software installed on the Viewer or the Host PCs that uses the keyboard and might cause a conflict?

Looking forward to your reply.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)