Community

Default Connection Settings Improvement

David, User (Posts: 25)
Feb 15, 2014 11:15:25 pm EST
Support level: Free or trial
It would be great if the Default Connection Settings worked a little bit more intuitively. Maybe that isn't the right word, but let me explain...

If I have a connection to several remote hosts and the Default Connection setting for the Auto-ping value is set to 15 seconds, and then I want to add more remote hosts but change the Auto-ping value in the Default Connection Settings to 30 seconds, the change is only reflected in any additional remote hosts that I add from that point on. The existing remote hosts' connection Auto-ping values aren't changed.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but it becomes frustrating when there are many hosts that need their Default Connection Settings changed, especially because I cannot select more than one to change those settings. Additionally, there is no way I can see which hosts have the updated settings and which ones don't without opening the properties of each host and editing them manually.

If I've only confused you, please let me know and I'll try to explain it a different way.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 17, 2014 2:16:52 am EST
Hello David,

Thank you. We'll consider this suggestion and I will get back to you with an answer.  

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)