Community

REQ: Freeform notes field for each PC entry

Mike G, User (Posts: 47)
Jan 27, 2014 9:07:26 am EST
Hi,
It would be very useful to be able to store some text information about each remote computer. A single multi-line textbox would be sufficient to capture user credentials, phone number, etc. You could edit it under properties and can view it similar to the popup screenshot.
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Jan 27, 2014 10:50:26 am EST

Mike G wrote:
Hi,
It would be very useful to be able to store some text information about each remote computer. A single multi-line textbox would be sufficient to capture user credentials, phone number, etc. You could edit it under properties and can view it similar to the popup screenshot.

Hi Mike,

Yes, this has been already on our roadmap.

Thanks!
David, User (Posts: 25)
Feb 20, 2014 11:16:10 am EST
Support level: Free or trial
I want to second this. This is increasingly becoming an essential item for me.

I would like to have something to put real notes in about the computer that I'm working on, future tasks, current state, or who it belongs to (this can change frequently at a few of my client companies). To expand on this further, it would be even better if this information could optionally be displayed in a column of the details view in the Viewer, and optionally included in the reports from Inventory Manager.
Edited:David - Feb 20, 2014 11:17:27 am EST
Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2987)
Feb 20, 2014 11:44:44 am EST

I would like to have something to put real notes in about the computer that I'm working on, future tasks, current state, or who it belongs to (this can change frequently at a few of my client companies). To expand on this further, it would be even better if this information could optionally be displayed in a column of the details view in the Viewer, and optionally included in the reports from Inventory Manager.

Added to the wish list for the feature. Thanks.  

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)